Should the hunting forum be a closed/club forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
Fine, now why didn't you just report the post? Why go head to head? The entire thread has been moved until we can get a mod to clean it up. When that is done, we will put it back.
Even PG one of your MODS was trashing him.

Quote: There are many times when one should refrain from hunting a particular species due to many reasons. Porpoises, Manatee and Whales
Guys from Japan might not agree w/ your version of the gospel. I know there's at least one who frequents this board.
Point is this is supposed to be a forum (or at least I thought) for the discussion of Spearing. Legal spearing is implied otherwise Scubaboard could get into legal trouble. I'm not going to help someone break the law and would not ask for same. But last time I checked (and I did, because I'm going to Fl in Dec. if any one wants to discuss something strange like that) spearing to the dismay of some is still legal just like PETA.

Once he realized what forum he was in, UP even apologised. But hey, if you don't want to use the "Report this Post" link, then fine. The mods won't come in to clean the mess up. Your choice.

MANY people use the "New Posts" feature, and do not realize they are in a protected forum. You can get all bent out of shape over a simple mistake, or be part of the solution. There is no need to be persecuted in this forum... use the link!!!

NetDoc:
Once he realized what forum he was in, UP even apologised. But hey, if you don't want to use the "Report this Post" link, then fine. The mods won't come in to clean the mess up. Your choice.

MANY people use the "New Posts" feature, and do not realize they are in a protected forum. You can get all bent out of shape over a simple mistake, or be part of the solution. There is no need to be persecuted in this forum... use the link!!!

So why not make it at least an opt in forum.

You know your "concept" of trashing him is beyond me. Pug pointed out that he saw them like pets. To me trashing would be calling him a vile scumbag hunter and wishing a pox on his children. That just didn't happen. Later, when he realised that he was in the hunting forum, he even apologised. But I am guess that you missed that, eh? Did you want me to give him a five day ban for making a mistake and apologising for it?

Hey guys... I think Pug is the one who CREATED this forum (or it could have been me). At the very least he agreed that we needed it. Don't make him out to be a villain over this.

We will discuss it... but that's a lot of work. We will have to see if we can find a mod who has the time.

But I still don't understand your reticence to hitting the "Report this Post" link. Way to simple.

NetDoc:
You know your "concept" of trashing him is beyond me. Pug pointed out that he saw them like pets. To me trashing would be calling him a vile scumbag hunter and wishing a pox on his children. That just didn't happen. Later, when he realised that he was in the hunting forum, he even apologised. But I am guess that you missed that, eh? Did you want me to give him a five day ban for making a mistake and apologising for it?

Hey guys... I think Pug is the one who CREATED this forum (or it could have been me). At the very least he agreed that we needed it. Don't make him out to be a villain over this.
He said it "wasn't done in polite society." Eating/harvesting Octopuses. I can't quote it because its not here now. But I would say thats complaining at the very least. ie the rule word. And no I didn't catch that he apologized. But interesting that instead of removing the offending post he chose not to? I know he's a hunter so I'm not asking for punishment justing found it strange the way my post about PETA was pulled in less than a min. And his wasn't. after days or maybe even weeks.

NetDoc:
We will discuss it... but that's a lot of work. We will have to see if we can find a mod who has the time.

But I still don't understand your reticence to hitting the "Report this Post" link. Way to simple.
That's what Dictatorships, Fascist regimes, Communist and Religious organizations do, privately punish public acts.

For the record IMO scubapro5's idea of making the hunting forum opt in like the DIR forum is a good idea. I do not support making it a closed forum in which only approved participants can access like the instructors forum.

The benefit of having this an opt in forum is that it will be somewhat less likely that someone will accidently respond to a thread in this forum without realizing what forum it is and the rules that apply. We will be discussing this in management. I can't promise that is what is going to happen since it is possible that not every one there will agree with me.

However, even if we do make the hunting forum opt in there is still the possibility that people will respond to threads retrieved through getnewpost without realizing where they are. If they do and are *against hunting* you should first politely point out the forum rules to them and if they persist then use the reportpost feature. Over use of the reportpost feature will insure that your messages get overlooked. Everytime someone hits reportpost all of the mods get an email. It doesn't take long to get tired of tattle tails. However we do want to stop egregious infractions of the forum rules... so please use reportpost... just do so only when it is really necessary.

NetDoc:

Thats a major problem in this world, most people take the simple easy route even when they personaly are being affected negatively.But I make my living from that quirk in human behavior. Fighting IRS Audits.

Way to simple.[/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom