Shoulder Surgery Recovery Times and Expectations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'm still not back in the pool swimming. But that will change next week, or so I've been promised. I am still having difficulty with some movements, particularly laterally across the body. While I can get my arm vertical, there's no way I can do a valve drill still.

Seriously considering if I should just plan on going side-mount to avoid any potential future problems.

At least from my experience, it is FAR too early to give up -- there may well be a lot more motion to come, with persistent work. I'm not sure I completely plateaued out from my frozen shoulder for at least six months, and even now, if it starts to get tight again, I can quickly get the motion back with a few days of stretches.

"
looks like you have a reason to get some new gear.....
04.gif

uhm...you don't really have to have a reason...to get new gear
just sayin'....
speedy healing!!!!
yaeg​

I am still having difficulty with some movements, particularly laterally across the body.

That motion was painful for me for quite some time. I found it helpful to use elastic bands for stretching/traction, which I still use daily, 16 months after my first surgery. The pain is gone, and I've regained very close to 100% range of motion. Wish you all the best.

Any update on this thread? I go under the knife next week ( happy new year to me! ) I'm a new diver and looking to see if diving this spring is out of the question. BTW I'm 56 years old and this will be my third shoulder surgery, first on the left side, and first since taking up this sport.

Don

Sent from my iPad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom