Show me your best dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my website www.vui.be you wil find 24 clips from al kind of fish from pygmee seahors to Whale sharks, filmed on mennu difrent locations in the world.

I hope you guys like them!

I am filming with the PDX10 3CCD Sony in a Bluefin housing from Light and motion,
Older films are with a 1CCD in a Ikelite housing.

But i orderd the FX1 and the housing from Light an Motion hoping to have this in the next few weeks.

Greetings Bruno

ScubaFrog01:
RonRosa.........Great video, loved the edits and music. What song was it that you used and who is it by.

Thanks, glad you liked it.

The song is "Shangrila" by Billy Idol.

Well this has to be my best video as it is also my first video!! It was taken on a recent trip to Thailand and there are clips from both the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea. Most of it was from the Andaman side, but it was their off season so visibility was sometimes down to 5m and normally below 10m (hopefully that doesn't show up too badly). Oh yeah and the Whale Shark is at the end of the clip :)

http://video.mpegnation.com/a001991041951092605162838199.html

I was using a Sony PC350 with Ikelite Housing and Lights (when they worked). Editing was done using Premier Elements.

Let me know what you all think :)

Simon

Simon,

Really enjoyed it. I really like the mood the music sets, and how it plays directly into the kind of cuts you used. Also very nice fauna vid, w/o divers and bubbles all over the place.

I presume you did another version for your fellow divers w/them in it?

Thanks for sharing!

Brumpy,

I haven't seen them all yet, but your clips are pretty awesome so far!

Dugongberbulu:
Simon,

Really enjoyed it. I really like the mood the music sets, and how it plays directly into the kind of cuts you used. Also very nice fauna vid, w/o divers and bubbles all over the place.

I presume you did another version for your fellow divers w/them in it?

Thanks for sharing!

There is a long version with divers in, but that's 45 mins and I couldn't upload that one. :) To be honest it's really hard to know what to cut and what not to cut to create a 5 min clip. Some people have said that I should have included divers and created more of a story, others like you have said it's nice to see a video without any in.. I'm still not sure either way!

Anyway thanks for the kind words and I'm really glad you enjoyed it :)

simonspear:
There is a long version with divers in, but that's 45 mins and I couldn't upload that one. :) To be honest it's really hard to know what to cut and what not to cut to create a 5 min clip. Some people have said that I should have included divers and created more of a story, others like you have said it's nice to see a video without any in.. I'm still not sure either way!

Anyway thanks for the kind words and I'm really glad you enjoyed it :)

Bravo, Bravo!

simonspear:
Well this has to be my best video as it is also my first video!! It was taken on a recent trip to Thailand and there are clips from both the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea. Most of it was from the Andaman side, but it was their off season so visibility was sometimes down to 5m and normally below 10m (hopefully that doesn't show up too badly). Oh yeah and the Whale Shark is at the end of the clip :)

http://video.mpegnation.com/a001991041951092605162838199.html

I was using a Sony PC350 with Ikelite Housing and Lights (when they worked). Editing was done using Premier Elements.

Let me know what you all think :)

Simon

Great video Simon! Your first video? Crap, you definately have a knack for this, look forward to seeing more footage from you in the future. Very cool Zebra Shark footage. Is that a common encounter in Thailand?

ScubaBob92651:
Great video Simon! Your first video? Crap, you definately have a knack for this, look forward to seeing more footage from you in the future. Very cool Zebra Shark footage. Is that a common encounter in Thailand?

There are certain sites where you can see them, but like all sharks in Asia they are under pressure from the finners. We saw a total of 4 of them over the course of 2 dives specifically looking for them and another 3 or 4 over another 18 dives where we were just diving - so there is always a chance that one might just turn up. They are basically very similar to Nurse Sharks so you can often find them on sandy areas where they sleep the day away. Very cool sharks :)

Oh yeah and glad you like the video! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom