Show me your dive room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. You guys have it good. Living in a small two bedroom apt in the Bronx, after diving I have to clean all my gear in the bathtub at the same time as I shower. As I clean each item of gear I put it on the bathroom floor in a big bin. I have to make sure I clean all the sand, grass or mud out of the bathtub before I'm done. My wife goes crazy if I forget. Then its about two days of dive gear drying all over the livingroom. When the gear is dry, I store it under the bed in three long bins. So I guess my dive room is also my bedroom. :)

I second :lol:! Living in Hoboken, NJ is like living in a closet, so everything has it's own shoebox. Can't keep too much gear, ?luckily? (NOT) I don't have a lot yet. I've got 650 sq ft to keep my whole life. I see some gear rooms here that are bigger than my whole appt! Just have to hold out a couple of years for a house.

- Rob

It's 8.4, article entitled, "A Constant State of Readiness".

Thanks Lynne! I think Ralph and Bob must be having a competition to see who can have the most tanks...:wink:

BTW, did anyone notice that Bob (NW Grateful Diver) has like 20 tanks, but only one fin?
I counted 28 cylinders, counting the inflation bottle, the valve-less tank, and the large cylinder in the corner (O2?). As for the fins, there's only one split fin, sure, but you apparently missed the Jet fins with spring straps (and amazing stealth ninja powers) directly above the right-most tanks. :biggrin:

As for my dive room... it's mostly in my car (a 1-seat 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX), partially in my carport, and partially in the living room (where I tend to do VIPs and eddy current tests, since the couch is comfortable). Sorry, but no photos. :wink:

Thats a land crusier, right?

2000 LC.

I love it. I hate it. I love it. I hate it.

Had a Tundra with a shell (Cap) on it. Perfect. Why I moved to a luxury SUV, with leather and tan carpeted interior to schlep around dive gear, fishing gear, camping gear, drum cases, PA cases and all that muddy, wet, sandy, dirty nonsense is beyond me.

Great rig. Comfy ride. Quiet. Solid. Powerful. :thumbs_up:

The wrong rig for what I do. I was swooned by the very low miles (31,000 when I picked it up in 2004) and I was coddled by the seat heaters.

Seat heaters good for all of the night diving I do. :10:

14 MPG. :shakehead:

Good eye, bud.

When not in the truck, its on a drying rack in the back outside of my Studio, under a big shade tree. I don't think any of my gear has been inside (inside the dunk bucket doesn't count) for about 3 years. Its SoCal - so we have no off-season here. Drysuit hangs in the tree to dry. I seriously can't remember the last time I brought stuff inside.

LYNNE: Where's your real basement? What is that highly organized and effectively staged wall you threw up in that picture?

---
Ken

2000 LC.

Had a Tundra with a shell (Cap) on it. Perfect. Why I moved to a luxury SUV, with leather and tan carpeted interior to schlep around dive gear, fishing gear, camping gear, drum cases, PA cases and all that muddy, wet, sandy, dirty nonsense is beyond me.

Great rig. Comfy ride. Quiet. Solid. Powerful. :thumbs_up:

The wrong rig for what I do. I was swooned by the very low miles (31,000 when I picked it up in 2004) and I was coddled by the seat heaters.

Seat heaters good for all of the night diving I do. :10:

14 MPG. :shakehead:

Good eye, bud.

When not in the truck, its on a drying rack in the back outside of my Studio, under a big shade tree. I don't think any of my gear has been inside (inside the dunk bucket doesn't count) for about 3 years. Its SoCal - so we have no off-season here. Drysuit hangs in the tree to dry. I seriously can't remember the last time I brought stuff inside.

LYNNE: Where's your real basement? What is that highly organized and effectively staged wall you threw up in that picture?

---
Ken
Ken, Love the truck. I have an 03 that I leased 5 yesars ago that is getting ready to go back. It's going to break my heart. I love this thing for many reasons. But mostly because my wife and duaghter rescently caught some slush on the side road at 70 mph and drove it literally through the woods taking out about ten trees and a crap loqad of brush, doing $18,000 in damage but not so much as scratch on her or my daughter. I have seen many accidents and they should not have walked away from this one at least not seriously injured. This thing is a tank. I love this truck. I am going to miss her. I am really tempted to just do the buy out but gas being what it is it's a tough decision.

Where are you in SoCal? We have been out there 4 times this past year for softball for my daughter. She did a camp at UCLA, played at the Batbusters torunaments and worked with a trainer out of Santa Anna.

Regards
Scott

http://www.coatracks.com/rolling-racks/rolling-racks/supremegarmentrack.cfm

I picked up this rack (at LOWES for $59) for my screened-in porch to dry my gear. It's heavyduty and can hold quite a bit. I am in a 1 bedroom loft, so having somewhere to dry my gear is essential. Once dry it all fits in my closet, and of course that is ALL that is in my closet lol!

Happy diving!
Carolyn:sharks:

I hate you people with storage space. I'd take a picture of my gear, but it would take about 12 photos to catch all the places gear is scattered throughout the house.

I shouldn't complain too much... we actually have a 2nd bedroom with a full bathroom I can use for cleaning gear. But you people with driveways, yards and garages really make me sick. ;P

This is mine.

Its a rare day when the truck isn't loaded up.

Once in a great while I vac out the sand.

---
Ken

I was gonna say...

My van is my storage area. I'll throw a photo up here later after I get off work. The gear leaves it only to go diving. If I happen to go somewhere and I need to empty it out, the gear gets moved into the living room during the trip. I'm still working on adding more stuff to the van to better organize it.

As for the sand..... I have my own mobile beach.....

We just moved into a brnd new house, with a largish garage - so I intended being organised for once - even managed to sort out shelving and hanging space and stuff - except it was cold and very windy when we got bck from scapa at the weekend, and I can't find the garge key, which meant walking round to the back - so the cylinders are on the porch and drive, there's a spare twinset half way down the drive, that was meant to be moved a month ago, the regs are cluttering up the main bathroom along with a few other bits and pieces, the torches are charging in the kitchen, wings are by the back door - cos I will put them in the garage tonight ( honest), the suits are actually in the garage, weightbelts are still in the car - and undersuits are in a heap in the lounge - along with the sea-kayak I brought inside 2 weeks ago, but I can't remember why now.... its the weekend tomorrow, I'll just dump it all back into the car again..

Looks like I opened Pandora's box here, thanks for the input, ideas and laughs. The website is so awsome!

Back
Top Bottom