Show me your dive room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxPower

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My Fiance and I just moved into our first house, and through a few concessions, and a small amount of loving trickery, I've convinced her to let me occupy one of the rooms in the basement with my growing array of dive gear. This has made me very interested in the spaces you all use to stow your gear. I want some ideas and pics would be most appreciated.

P.S. how do i post pics so I can show mine when its done?

where are you storing your pics?? eg, my pics are on photobucket so i just have to put a img link here to show them

an equip lockup from a trip to tassie
Gearshed.jpg

and some pics from our lockup, wetsuits and bcd/bpw on hangers
Racking2.jpg

gal shelving for boots, misc stuff
Shelving.jpg

I built or I should say I am in the process of building an aluminum gear rack, I will post some pics if I can figure out how tomorrow. Its not done but will function so its bing used until I can work on it in the summer. My home office is where I store my gear, have the computer and its the "sewing" room plus I keep all my body mod tools and scuba tools in there to so its pretty full and not very organized.

A lot of the garage, the entire 1500 sq ft basement around the pool table and bar, part of the front room and kitchen. Then there is the barn, lean to, my vehicle and the pager in the bedroom. :D

Gary D.

This was the result of two day's diligent work in our basement:

snowy-afternoon.jpg

It doesn't quite manage all the dive gear. The tanks are outside the door, along with the scooters, and a fair number of spares are still scattered. But it was a step in the right direction!

Our entire spare bedroom is devoted to dive gear! We have 2 rolling clothing racks - one there for heavy wetsuits & drysuits and one in garage where we put wet stuff to dry. We have the closet in the spare bedroom storing all the BCs, other wetsuits (we have 3 divers so everything from 3mm shorties, 3mm fullsuits, 7mm fullsuits...) The dresser is full of all the small stuff like lights, hoods, gloves, manuals, etc. The bed is covered with booties, fins, masks, regulators, small bags... :D:D

We have no guests ever come to visit us for some reason though!:confused: I wonder why?:confused:

Right now, a couple of weeks post-dive trip, wetsuits are hanging in a closet and everything else is scattered over a bed, small table and floor of a guest bedroom. When I get around to stowing the gear it will be hidden away. Two sets of BCD, booties, fins, mask and misc. stuff will be in dive bags in a small closet under the stairs to the second floor. Lights, batteries, manuals and other misc. stuffl will be in a plastic box shoved under the guest bed, and regulators will also be flat on the floor under the bed. Camera, case, batteries and chargers will be in a desk drawer in the family room, along with binoculars and various warranty documents and other manuals.

We're in the process of moving, and one of the things I look forward to the most, is that the new place has a nice little unfinished storage room under the stairs, with a lot of available space. I will be definetly taking advantage of that to finally get some good organization for my gear. These pics are giving me some good ideas.

Back
Top Bottom