Show me your packed truck/car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just on a slow day.diving with El O.

300bars-divemobile.jpg

Nope, they're blue. Hubby's a cop, his supervisor gave him permission to run blue in his POV. He's only gotten to use them a few times for official use but they bring him joy. I buy scuba gear, he buys lights for the VUE, we both end up happy!

[[pic snipped]]

CF - are you on ELB? Hubby's on there and I know he talks to a few people that have lights in the VUEs. Did you fit all of your gear in just the back, or did you use the backseat as well? We had two people in our backseat so only had the cargo area, plus had to carry enough stuff to stay out of state for a week. We packed the non-gear suitcases lightly but we still ran out of room for them.

Yeah, I'm on ELB. Haven't contributed in a while, though. Was costing me way to much cash, heh. I've skipped a couple of meets from there, to go diving. :) I'll PM you my s/n there.

I just used the back part. Lay the tanks flat, used my weights on one side, wifes on the other to stop the side to side rolling. Wifes gear bag on one side, my gear bag on the other, and we're good. Can still see out the back window, even! :)

What is the part number or model number of the Stanley Boxes?

Stanley 24 gallon Mobile job chest. Lowe's sells them for $49.00. They are in the tools section at my local store, I had a hard time finding them, looking in the wrong places. Lowe's web site shows yellow plastic latches but all that I have seen have the metal latches on them. I have 8 of them for my students to haul their gear to the dive site.

I've been trying to figure out a way to secure a tank on top, now that I see a picture, I have an idea of how to do it!

Home Depot sells the bigger version for $69.00

Below is my truck (suburban) full for a day of diving... It amazes me how quickly it fills up with gear... I do not knwo how some of you guys do it. There is no way I go go to anything smaller now...

My wife bought me one of those Stanley boxes about a month ago, and I love that thing. It is the Ultimate shore diving box...

FullRack-1.jpg

Later
Phil

Does buying a Nissan Frontier as a dive vehicle sound familiar? :D

Yes! I considered it but, since the guy I was going to get the Dodge Caravan said he'd let me have it if I paid the title fees, I'm going to go with that! :)

How do you have the tanks straped on there??? For mine I have just run a tie down strap all the way around the box. I like the way you have your tanks on there.

Phil

How do you have the tanks straped on there??? For mine I have just run a tie down strap all the way around the box. I like the way you have your tanks on there.

Phil

I'm thinking he dremeled out "slots" in the "rib" of it and slide the bands through and wrapped them around the tanks.

I'm new, I like the idea of the tool boxes. Can you show how did you organize things inside?
Thanks!

Phil

DSC02738Sml.JPG

Back
Top Bottom