Show me your packed truck/car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm new, I like the idea of the tool boxes. Can you show how did you organize things inside?
Thanks!

They really aren't big enough to do much in the way of organization. I can get everything to fit but not really in any kind organized manner.

They really aren't big enough to do much in the way of organization. I can get everything to fit but not really in any kind organized manner.

Are you serious?

The box comes with a tray that is a perfect organizer. I can organize all my computers/gauge (two computers, compass), Dry glove, mask, tool, glove, small pelican case, etc........

It is the best box for a warm water diver. However, there is no enough space for a dry suit and undi if you have to dive in a cold water.

ok, you're organized like me. :)

Are you serious?

The box comes with a tray that is a perfect organizer. I can organize all my computers/gauge (two computers, compass), Dry glove, mask, tool, glove, small pelican case, etc........

It is the best box for a warm water diver. However, there is no enough space for a dry suit and undi if you have to dive in a cold water.

I fit everything in my stanley box (cold water) to include my drysuit and undies. I will try to take pics this weekend when I am loading the box. Everything has to go in there just right. I too love the handy dandy tool tray. I have spools, computer, knife, double enders, and all sort of misc stuff in there. The boxes are great. Allthough, they get pretty heavy when completely loaded up...

Phil

Are you serious?

As shown in this post, there are two sizes. The large one carries all of my cold water gear, including my drysuit and undergarments. Plus extra gear.

In the 24 gallon box I can get the BCD, Wetsuit, Mask, Fins, Snorkel, regs and gauges, weights and a small pelican box with no problem but it just stacks in there with a little room to spare... not much of any way to actually organize it. But, these are really for my students to haul the training gear in and have to be pretty mindless to pack.

Now the large box would be a different story. They are twice as big and offer much more space to organize in.

As shown in this post, there are two sizes. The large one carries all of my cold water gear, including my drysuit and undergarments. Plus extra gear.

As you remember, we have covered this Stanley box several times on the board.

I acknowledge that there are more than two sizes on their product line (wheeled tool box). Each hardware store carries a difference size, for example Lowes is only selling 24 gallon size and Home Depot is selling 50 gallon sized one.

Before getting mine that is smaller than 50 gallon, I have checked both hardware stores to check out the size. 50 gallon one can't fit to a ordinary sedan. If you have a truck, it is a different story though. If you don't plan to haul it, Rubbermaid will be better choice in a relatively cheap price.

Stanley must change their desgn. Mine has the steel buckle front (like 50 gallon one) and yellow plastic wheels (like 25 gallon one).

BTW, Dave, I can't see your pictures anymore including the one I quoted from your old thread.

25 gallon @ Lowes
733417111211.jpg

50 gallon @ Home Depot
4a1b2d35-530a-43cd-b057-01b215daf713_400.jpg

Rubbermaid 45 gallon box

2463_sm.jpg

In the 24 gallon box I can get the BCD, Wetsuit, Mask, Fins, Snorkel, regs and gauges, weights and a small pelican box with no problem but it just stacks in there with a little room to spare..

That is what I am saying. It is a perfect for a warm water diving application.

Now the large box would be a different story. They are twice as big and offer much more space to organize in.

The weight of box is 31lb itself. I don't want to haul it and can't carry it without a truck and SUV.

Packing the Maxima with dive gear isn't as interesting as how I used to pack my 89 Ford Probe with my drum equipment! God I wish I had a picture of that (especially when I packed my sound reinforcement gear for the bigger clubs! Sound board, microphones, etc.)

We often rent a mini van for our long distance over road trips:

IMG_0080-1.jpg

All good things pass, my buddies are gone:

DSCF0033-1.jpg

The Taco loaded for a kayak and dive trip:

DSCF0019-4.jpg

My favorite dive vehicle ever, RIP, a dingbat in a Tahoe ran a stop sign last week, it never failed to get me home, even that last trip, the Toy died in my drive after taking me home one last time. A proud warrior, the heart of a lion. My new adventure steed is a Jeep Wrangler, awaiting it's arrival. Oh, the Tahoe was Dead on the Spot but fortunately no humans were harmed, thank goodness for that.

DSCF0077-1.jpg

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom