Show us where you live and dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's my front yard in SE Missouri. I don't dive it much because of the current. You basically have to weight yourself to the bottom and crawl along. It's like horizontal rock climbing. I did a little drift diving in it, but the snags come at you too fast. I will do gear check out dives in the swimmin' hole right in front of the house before heading out on "tidy bowl" vacations. :D

smoking_lounge.jpg

This is who lives there:

fish1.jpg

Last edited:
6254.jpg6253.jpgIMG_3143.jpgniagara 1x.jpgniagara 2 x.jpgTobermory, Ontario
The first one is off Bear's Rump Island, I'm jumping in to side mount dive the Forest City wreck in pic number two, at 150 ft. We see golden eagles on this island. (Photos by Andy Morrison for Alert Diver mag.)
Pic three is me on the Dufferin Wall, goes down to 160'.
Last two pics I took above the Niagara II wreck on a flat calm day in May, first boat dive of the 2013 season. The ghostly funnel and the deck of the NiagaraII at 70 ft can be seen from the boat...a once in a lifetime experience.

Last edited:
This is what I see when diving at Lake Tenkiller

dark_green_white_border.gif

And here is what you can see when diving at Beaver lake (if you are really shallow).

0.jpg

I used to have some photos I took under TK, but something happened to SB years ago and all of them disappeared.

Chippewa Creek, near Niagara Falls, drift dive, plus Pumpkin carving fun in Wiarton.chip 1 x.JPGf chip 1x.jpguw pumpking carving 1 x.jpg

I've posted this one before. Table Rock Lake, in southwest Missouri. The dam is top left in the pic, and the new visitor's center is top right. Although you can no longer dive near the visitor's center/dam (damn!!), you can still walk in dive from the state campground, just around the corner. Nice, easy diving. About 3.5 hours away. Easily accommodates a day dive trip.

Also Bull Shoals Lake and Norfork Lake. All three lakes are in southern Missouri, northern Arkansas. All are between 3.5 and 5 hours away.

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

Attachments

• TableRockLake_20120708_lg.jpg
    TableRockLake_20120708_lg.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 399
August 2014, St Lawrence River near Ivy Lea, OntarioIvy Lea Bridge 1x.JPGStovin Island St Lawrence 1x.JPGTeapot 1x.JPG
Wiarton 1x.JPGfrozen drysuit post dive 2008 x.jpgdigging entrance hole x.jpgnewyears 2009 027.jpgWiarton Ontario, from a couple of years ago. Same location on a snowy winter's day: Drysuits freeze post dive. You may have to dig your way down to the water, which had not frozen solid yet. Last shot is New Year's Day dive 2009 at the same area, Cedar Hill, Wiarton, Ontario.

West coast of UAE off the Palm Islands in Dubai

East coast of UAE near Khorfakkan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom