Showa 720 puncture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

admikar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We did Christmas tree dunk dive on Sunday and I was designated Santa's helper. This was first dive after reinstalling Rolock system. Gloves stayed mounted throughout the summer.
As I was picking his fins I noticed my left thumb being wet, so I figured I got a puncture. Not a big deal, water isn't cold anyway.
By the time dive ended, my hand was quite wet, but wrist was dry.
Once at home I started investigating whether glove punctured or I maybe made a mistake when I installed Rolock.
To my surprise, I found that glove has failed in front of thumb at junction point between thumb and palm. Inspecting right glove I have found similar marks, but that glove still holds. Of course, I changed both gloves.
I have small number of dives, maybe few dozen with this pair of gloves.
Since I have not heard of this failure mode so far, I'm wondering if this is something related to the way I dive or is it something we should keep an eye out for?

Attachments

• 20231218_122223.jpg
    20231218_122223.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 44
  • 20231218_122215.jpg
    20231218_122215.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 42
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom