Showing the colors!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetBoy101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I wanted to share a clip I took using my GoPro with the flat lens from Mako "and" the red filter from my Intova camera. I just held it in front of the lens to try it out. Watch the difference at the end when I take the filter away from the lens... Turtle waiting at cleaning station.MP4 - YouTube P.S. watch it in 1080

I'm a big fan of filters. I've never used a light on any of the pictures or video I've taken. While it may be true that a gazzilion dollar setup will take better pictures, it's also true that I can make a couple trips for that price.

Nice video! I have recently started using the greenwater version of the Magic Filter. Really cuts through the murk in a quarry! You have to do manual white balance adjustment when you change depths or when the ambient light changes.

[VIMEO]31708612[/VIMEO]

With the clear water in Hawaii you just need to be able to remove the filter when you are above 25 feet or so and use the ambient light so show the natural colors. So far no one has come up with a flat glass lens and a flip up filter system for the GoPro.

Nice video! I have recently started using the greenwater version of the Magic Filter. Really cuts through the murk in a quarry! You have to do manual white balance adjustment when you change depths or when the ambient light changes.

[VIMEO]31708612[/VIMEO]

Great colours there, I do have a green water UR-pro filter but haven't had the conditions to need it yet. What camera are you using?

I love the light saber too :D

Great colours there, I do have a green water UR-pro filter but haven't had the conditions to need it yet. What camera are you using?

Thanks!

I don't know that one, but I assume that it's a similar product. Magic Filters makes several types, including this one and a blue water filter that I haven't used yet. I'm using a Canon EOS 7D in a Nauticam housing and a Tokina 10-17 fisheye. It's very nice not to have to drag all of my lights with me (two big z240 strobes and that 4600 lumen Mangrove hard light). You can see what that rig looks like in my profile pic.

I love the light saber too :D

Haha... yes, that's the side effect of doing a white balance at depth when the ambient sunlight is a different color temperature than the flashlight beam! I think that it looks cool too...

:)

The 7D looks footage looks great, the fisheye lens you have makes it look like gopro footage on steroids:D Canon make some awesome cameras and I will most likely go that way eventually.

I just use a gopro ATM mainly due to the smaller size and to learn a few things before risking too much money with a real good setup under water while still in the learning process. Im amazed at how big some of that gear gets and it must be a bit of a pain at times when its a little rough down there.

Still cant come close to the quality of a proper DSLR with anything else, I wish they'd just make a small basic version with a big sensor and good lens, no need for much zoom and include proper manual settings it would make things much easier with a compact sized camera for the regular users like me.

nice example, then it is really worthy getting one...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom