Shutter Delay Comparison, Please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stay away from the Sea&Sea - the photos are no where near the quality of my old Canon A20 even. Can't say enough about how I don't like this camera...they have a great marketing campaign, though.

Frankly, I have found my two Canon A series cameras to never have a problem with shutter lag. Yes, it's there, but I do not recall ever missing a shot because of it...I missed shots for other reasons, but not the camera's fault! I don't recall ever being frustrated with these cameras because I couldn't get a shot I wanted (if it was within their capabilities).

I have found the Oly 5050 to be frustrating at times and the shutter lag is definitely noticeable. I really like my Oly 5050 and every dive am learning to make it do what I want it to do- but the learning curve is much steeper.

Check out LukeRob's recent Bali photos if you are concerned about the quality of the Canon A series. They are fabulous. I love these cameras and highly recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom