Si Tech Antares Oval Dryglove System... Can anyone recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the advice on the gloves popping off. On the second part I am putting them on with my hand through the ring first. I then slide my hand into the glove. When I try to lock them in, they just won't grab. Sometimes I can get one of tabs to lock but never both. I have an email out to sitech so we will see if they can add any thoughts to my issues.

OK, been there; If you bend the "ears" out a little they will stay out. If they are bent in, they will stay there and not work. They seem to tolerate the bending well, although I did manage to break one off on my car door window-frame just getting out of the car. I'm going to post the emergency-save-a-dive fix (which I may convert to permanantly) in a separate post which may require pictures.

Thanks for asking the question! I have the round rings on one of my Fusions, and I initially HATED the SiTech QuickGlove system, because I had a lot of pinched o-rings. Once I learned to lick the o-rings before installing the gloves, and to click the gloves down, then back them out a couple of turns, then reseat them, I haven't had any leaks. Still like the Viking gloves better, but changing wrist seals on the Fusion is a PITA (gave up on the other suit and took it in to have it done by the professionals).

^Something must be wrong with your install, as I have no issues getting them to click in. Remove the wrist seals, and reinstall them. Also did you use the "chapstick" that comes with the system to lube the seals?

OP if you are using an XL glove you must be 6'6" and 300 lbs. I have a friend that is 6'4" and uses medium gloves. Dry gloves should be tight on your hand for dexterity. What I have seen is a majority of people use gloves that are too big, then complain about dexterity.

Peter I hear ya about the hands but I do have large hands. My buddy who is 6'5" and 350 has same hands as me. Genetics and Captains of Crush have made their mark. I tried on the 620 Atlas Vinyl Glove XXL with liner and they are snug.

<Im 5' 10" 205lbs FTR>

I initially HATED the SiTech QuickGlove system, because I had a lot of pinched o-rings.
Haven't you replaced your o-rings yet? If you need some send me a PM with your address. I finally placed an order with McMaster Carr and have a bunch.

So since I have the larger hands would someone recommend this instead?

Si Tech Glove Lock Dry Glove System

Si Tech Glove Lock Dry Glove System | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I like being able to replace my seals. I had that option on my Fusion and now that I'm looking at the Santi I want to stick with it. But I want to be able to incorporate dry gloves also if the temp requires it.

I have the oval rings and really like them for the silicon seal, but right now I am so p!ssed at the system. I tried putting the blue rings in in a pair of gloves then inserting them in the clip. I broke both rings. Thank goodness I getting some spares from DRIS. They say "4.3 Press the glove with Oval Spanner Ring evenly into the Oval Glove Ring." That did not happen. Hopefully I can get the next set to work.

I have the oval rings and really like them for the silicon seal, but right now I am so p!ssed at the system. I tried putting the blue rings in in a pair of gloves then inserting them in the clip. I broke both rings. Thank goodness I getting some spares from DRIS. They say "4.3 Press the glove with Oval Spanner Ring evenly into the Oval Glove Ring." That did not happen. Hopefully I can get the next set to work.

I officially hate mine after today. The silicon seals allow the oval ring to twist as I try to remove the glove. It needs a locking system for the wrist seal part of the system.

Then after only 6 dives I tore my wrist seal and I WAS being very gentle with it as I removed it. Not happy with the silicon seal either...

Dude, I feel your pain...............

The good news re the silicone seal;
You don't have to use it.

The watertight seal is actually made @ the high part of the ring groove. It only looks like the flange on the silicone seal does more than keep the seal in place.

You can use any rubber thing that's the approximate right thickness. I'm using an HD standard rubber seal as a cuff-ring on my LH modified (broken-eared) glove and half of a torn silicone seal on my RH (functioning-normally) glove. The HD seal is a little thicker than it needs to be.

I had the same experience with the silicone seals tearing easily. I don't see any reason to use them with drygloves.

I was using one accidently-ripped-in-half seal for both gloves. One side as a wrist dam, and the other as a seal between the soft and hard suit-side rings. The wrist-dam one eventually tore so I replaced it with the standard rubber one.

I'm happier than I was initially.

RE spinning part; you have to lock the suit-side ring with your free hand. I don't have a problem with that.

So since I have the larger hands would someone recommend this instead?

Si Tech Glove Lock Dry Glove System

Si Tech Glove Lock Dry Glove System | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I like being able to replace my seals. I had that option on my Fusion and now that I'm looking at the Santi I want to stick with it. But I want to be able to incorporate dry gloves also if the temp requires it.

I use these for 95% of my diving and love how simple they are to get on and off. The only two problems are the size of the rings make it difficult to get through a one peice harness. I have to loosen the harness a little bit more then I like to be able to get the rings through. The other issue is keeping liner lint out of the orings, you'll need to inspect them carefully to make sure it doesn't cause a leak.

I have thhis system also, seals work good though I did have the left one leak a bit this past weekend. As for the gloves, they are nearly impossible to put on if you have large hands. So far out of 3 dive weekends I have only managed to use them for 2 dives (out of 10), I was very careful and slow putting them on and it was a fun dive (no students waiting on me). Every other time I would pop the rings apart. hands are too big even with very light glove liners. Just about ready to give up, I would not recomend for any one with big hands, just won't fit through the ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom