SI TECH Skeleton Inflation Valve High or Low Push Button?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmorgan007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Si Tech Skeleton Inflation Valve.jpg

Can anyone provide information (measurements or photos) on how to tell what version of the SI TECH Skeleton Inflation valve my Waterproof D9 drysuit shipped with around 2016 - 2017?

Trying to determine how to tell the difference between High or Low push button.

No clarifications found on either Waterproof product details or SI TECH websites.

Maybe someone else has already decoded this riddle.

Cheers,
Jeff

Yes the SI TECH product photo we have all seen but they do a terrible job by not labeling or clearly illustrating in any manual the difference of hi or low press button.

I suspect I have the High press button as I can see at least 3mm of the silver metal button protruding above the valve body. However I'm still not certain of this assumption. When ordering critical gear I want absolutes as shipping, receiving and returns are highly undesirable and a total waste of my time. Bottom line these manufactures often need to do better with their online published specifications. Its like they want to make things mysterious and force the retail customer into a dive shop. This is old thinking and needs to stop! They should empower the consumer with published details on their different model versions and clearly call out model and part numbers precisely. More and more items are ordered online and over the phone. Unless I can read the manufactures specifications and match product part numbers exactly to what it is I am ordering I become quite concerned if the order will be correct the first time. Been burned too many times in the past as these days a lot of local dive shops don't stock much more than the core line of products mask, snorkel and fins. It seems most of the maintenance and replacement gear is typically a sad special order. Why have a shop if your constantly making your retail customer wait for special order when I can search the country for retailer that has it in stock and shipped in three days! They should understand that our sport by nature has a lot of OCD detailed oriented highly educated nerds using this gear! OK I will stop with the rant now however I know there is some of you out there that know exactly what I speak of here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom