Side mount hose routing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....However I try to route it, the same problem seems to occur in that the hose takes a very sharp right angle turn to go upwards from the point where it connects to the first stage, this seems to already be causing the hose to weaken at that point. Does anyone have a similar rig and has solved this problem?

what 1st stage do you use ?
1st stage regs with turret, offer good routing with the 5th LP on top. (Scubapro MK25 for exemple).
If the angle comes from the inflator hose : adapt length. (minimum is 6")
Same thing for the corrugated BC hose.

A clean routing on this pic :

IMG_0456.jpg

and here :
IMG_9839.jpg

spent quite awhile typing out a response to this and my computer crashed. so here is the short version. this is all new to me so be gentle :)

local shop i am affiliated with is not ok with the typical long/short hose set up as it allows only for one reg to be donated. been trying a few diff ideas and this seems to work pretty well. gonna try it for awhile to see how it goes. see pics below

my left hand tank
- 1st stage (hog D1 btw) at aprox 45 degree angle
- 15" infl hose out 5th port towards the rear, bend down and loop up into BC hose bungee to left Dring
- spg straight down on 6" HP hose (on inside of tank instead of on back of tank so is MUCH easier to pick up and read in full cold water gear)
- 5 foot 2nd stage hose run down tank and back up, behind head with 90 degree swivel on bungee necklace

my right hand tank
- 1st stage again at 45 degree angle
- 15" infl hose out 5th port again towards the rear, bent doown and loop back up into dry suit
- spg straight down on 6" HP hose on inside of tank
- 5 foot 2nd stage hose run down tank and back up with 90 degree swivel clipped directly to right Dring (no hog loop around neck)

still need a couple more tank bands and will def cover the hose clamp to prevent snagging once i get my own tanks. these are shop tanks i am using in the photos

similarly to "coldfire's" post....i like the fact that nothing comes across my chest.

Attachments

• left and right as you see them.jpg
    left and right as you see them.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 208
  • left right as you see them.jpg
    left right as you see them.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 189
  • left 1.jpg
    left 1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 180
  • right 1.jpg
    right 1.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 181
Thanks. I have Apeks first stages and although they do not have a top port I see that there is a kit that I can buy to enable this. I think that is what I'll do.

Laurentsbh, few questions for you,
I'm assuming you've clipped the ally's to your hip d rings after you've breathed them down or is that where you clip off?
Are you using continuous bungee? And I'm guessing a stealth?
Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Mike,

we use LB-SR to slide the clips along the hips, when the tank becomes positive.

On the photos above, one is with a Stealth, the other with an Ultimate + Z-trim.

Laurent

It's unclear from the site--are these actually available yet? They look like they would be easier to adjust than the heavy rubber D-ring that Stealth uses.

best would be to ask him directly, from his FB page, or from his site.
it may take some time to answer, as he's often busy at teaching.

I find them easier than the rubbers yes. Some don't.

It's unclear from the site--are these actually available yet? They look like they would be easier to adjust than the heavy rubber D-ring that Stealth uses.

Does anyone know what the diameter and thickness of the rubber d-rings are?

sorry, didn't have a metric measure tape.
aprox 13/8" inside, 2" outside, and 5/32" thick

Back
Top Bottom