Silent Submersible vs X Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very interesting vidoe. Nice sponges.

Lobos is such a terrific site to dive. It's extra nice because you can park your car mere yards away from a gentle entry. This is especially handy when you are carrying something into the water like a SLA scooter. Heck, if I were back in Ca. again I'd bring something like Magnum just for the heck of it. :D

How were you hand holding the camera? Smaller housing I assume. I have hand held bigger Amphibcos and they are like sails catching wind. Nothing like trying to catch up to a partner who doesn't have the added burden & drag of a big camera.

X

Yes, a much smaller housing. It's a Canon SD600 with a Canon housing. I was either holding the camera with my left hand with light or holding it with my right hand with my left on the trigger and light. I found it amazingly easy to do.

I did notice some drag as I was going just a bit slower than Johnathan and when not I'd be just a bit faster.

Yes, a much smaller housing. It's a Canon SD600 with a Canon housing. I was either holding the camera with my left hand with light or holding it with my right hand with my left on the trigger and light. I found it amazingly easy to do.

I did notice some drag as I was going just a bit slower than Johnathan and when not I'd be just a bit faster.

Thanks Doc. I wonder if any manf. has thought of adding a tiny swivel mount for these types of recorders...excluding the CSI - X View? I wonder if it's possible to mount housing like these directly on the nose cone? Of course, one would have to drive very carefully.

X

I know that Silent Submersion makes one, but at a too high cost for me.

Hey Doc, I have an SS video mount (never used) that I'll sell you for half price, if you're still looking for one.

My UV-18 scooter is up for sale in the boards here too, if anyone's looking for one of those.

Thanks,

Cam

Hey! This kind of turned into a comparison of Oranges vs Bananas here.

The true level-playing-field comparison would be:

X-Scooter Long Body vs the N-19

Weights are similar, burn times are listed as similar (although I know for a fact the Long Body X would have longer burn times than 100 minutes), the X would have 26 AmpHours instead of 20, and both have a great reputation for customer service.

On top of the comparison, the X shines because of its versatility. Just get a short body to go with your long body. Since the bodies are modular and interchangable, you now use the battery and tail you already have, and presto, a flyweight 33 lb. scooter that's great for shore diving, boat diving, and easily checking on as luggage. With all the speed and reliability of the long body.

The luggage part is near and dear to my heart...

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom