Similian in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oren16

New
Reaction score
Similian help pleaseeee

I MUST dive the similian but unfortunately i will be in the area only in seconf half of September. (16 - 26 September)
I tried to contact a few dive center in the area but it seems they wont go there before mid October.

... am i about to lose it because of bad timing?? ;-(
would you know any way i can still dive there in September??

any info will be most welcome!!

Many thanks

I'm afraid you're going to have to live with the disappointment. The park is officially closed until November 1. Even those ops going out in late October are in violation of regulations. The sea conditions in September are typically much too rough for safe and comfortable sailing.

The park is officially closed at the moment, and the park rangers are not allowing any trips. The official reasons are the weather conditions and to give the divesites rest from diving.

A pity, in the past I really enjoyed the trips in the off season, with no boats, good visibility, no other divers. Plus it keeps the fishing boats away as well. And there are always sheltered divesites there.

Exactly the answers I didn’t want to hear :(

So, I’m landing in Phuket in September 16 and I’m looking for the best dive in the area.. Don’t want to stay in Phuket more then 1 night. Too commercial and expensive for me..
Koh Tao diving last year was very disappointing. thats why i choose the other side this time..
Any recommendation for near by islands with interesting dive sites? any info is wellcome.

Thanks a million for your advice. Appreciate it!!!

I'll presume that with 'commercial' you mean 'package holidays'.

If so, check out Phi Phi. Good diving, some of the divesites relatively close by and less package holidays.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom