Simple as ;).....HPNS - what do we know?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hydreliox

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey good people,

As the title suggests. I'm looking (and have been for sometime) on what we do/what we don't know about HPNS. I have the old COMEX stuff but is there anything else people can point me in the direction of. I might already have it, I might not. Anything and everything will do.

Purely out of an interest level and I'm starting to run out of things to read (not learn or understand however).

Not the easiest of asks I know.

Thankin' yous

And two and a half years later you get ONE reply.

Wienke mentions in his rather mathematical book "Diving physics with bubble mechanics and decompression theory in depth" something about HPNS in cleartext (not exact citation):

Rapid decompression of 120 to 600 feet per minute causes tremors etc. At greater depths, near 800 feet, also cramps, dizziness, nausea and vomiting occurr. To ameliorate the symptoms the decompression rate needs to be substantially slower when diving below 1100 feet. Also recommended: some nitrogen (not pure heliox), staged compression, alcohol, and warming.

I should warn you that the book is actually not about diving, but about university level physics. Enjoy.

And two and a half years later you get ONE reply.

Wienke mentions in his rather mathematical book "Diving physics with bubble mechanics and decompression theory in depth" something about HPNS in cleartext (not exact citation):

Rapid decompression of 120 to 600 feet per minute causes tremors etc. At greater depths, near 800 feet, also cramps, dizziness, nausea and vomiting occurr. To ameliorate the symptoms the decompression rate needs to be substantially slower when diving below 1100 feet. Also recommended: some nitrogen (not pure heliox), staged compression, alcohol, and warming.

I should warn you that the book is actually not about diving, but about university level physics. Enjoy.

I think the key reason that more people don't argue against Weinke's positions is that after several readings they still aren't sure what he said.

Back
Top Bottom