Singapore: closest diving sites on a budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I'll be arriving in Singapore (arriving from Seoul and Hongkong) next week Friday myself. I'm going to take a weekend trip to Pulau Aur again. This means a bus from Singapore Friday 8pm, arrive in Mersing at midnight, then on the boat to Aur for another 4h. Sunday after lunch the same back to Singapore.

Since I've done that before, I can recommend:
Equatordive
Waikikidive
Scubacorner

They're all fantastic dive operators, I've always enjoyed my time with them. Even though the drive/boat/border are really tiring, and that all for 6 weekend dives. But it's so good to have some warm water and fish around you, compared to my dark and cold lakes in Germany :cold:

I just got back from a dive trip in Tioman. You can hook up with a local dive shop, there are plenty to choose from. Or if you'd rather do it on your own, get to Malaysia, which is right next to Singapore, head down to Mersing (on a bus or taxi) take the ferry (a return ticket would set u back 70rm) to Tioman. There are a couple of villages in Tioman. Salang is pretty decent, so you can drop off there. There are a few dive shops there that have dives everyday. Each boat dive can set you back bout 100rm or (50 sing dollars). Am not advertising but was really impressed with the quality of service that my dive shop (B & J Dive) in Tioman offered. Happy diving!

I also just got back from a weekend around Tioman on a LOB. Weather was great, and I've seen everything from turtles to morays, rays, stonefish, cuttlefish and so forth, just no sharks, again.

If you're not familiar with the region, I would definitely book through a dive shop in Singapore and not go there on my own. The price is minimal, like 400Sing$ for bus, bed, food, and dives. Try to beat that in Europe or US!

I went with Equatordive again, very professional and caring folks, any time again. Have fun!

I also just got back from a weekend around Tioman on a LOB. Weather was great, and I've seen everything from turtles to morays, rays, stonefish, cuttlefish and so forth, just no sharks, again.

If you're not familiar with the region, I would definitely book through a dive shop in Singapore and not go there on my own. The price is minimal, like 400Sing$ for bus, bed, food, and dives. Try to beat that in Europe or US!

I went with Equatordive again, very professional and caring folks, any time again. Have fun!

another even closer option is Pulau Sibu.
Am going there next month with the Mrs. Will be my first dive since I moved here last September from Dubai. i do miss just being able to jump into the car for 1.5 and head to Fujairah for a dive at the weekend.

Hi Rosbif71,

Could you share with me how much is it costing you for the Sibu dive trip so far?=)

Many thanks

Rgds

Hi Rosbif71,

Could you share with me how much is it costing you for the Sibu dive trip so far?=)

Many thanks

Rgds

think we are paying slightly below S$900 for 3 nights including all meals and transfer to and from Singapore.

diving prices are on their website. I plan to do a 2 tank dive and will also take a tank to accompany my wife when she does a discover scuba course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom