Single Lens Mask Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverMo

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for any suggestions on a good, single lens mask. I only have vision in one eye, and feel like I get a better field of view (though still reduced) with a single lens. I know quite a few of you don't like clear skirts, but this also helps me to catch a little more area, even if it is just movement, like a buddy trying to get your attention. On the other hand, if I can't find one that offers a good fit, I may just be stuck with a double lens. I'm not sure what is the best option - great fit with reduced vision, or more vision with frequent clearing? Any thoughts? Thanks,

MO

I like my Tusa Visulator mask , while it has a larger volume than a low volume mask, it is one of the smallest large window masks out there, I have no trouble clearing it. What I like about it (and this is why I mention it to you) I can see above my eyebrows just by looking up , don't have to crain my neck to see what is in front of me, and it fits me so well I can laugh without flooding it

DB

Oceanic Shadow (for divers with larger faces)

Oceanic Shadow Mini (for divers with smaller faces)

Oceanic Shadow's are frameless masks thus are low volume.

Didn't know if you know it without looking around... but the Visualator is a M14... so both people above are suggesting the same one... Visualator is the "street name" and M14 is the manufacturers stock number... Just in case you didn't know...

And here's a link to a picture of it: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Visualator-TUSA

I have a TUSA M-14 and love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

I would suggest the ScubaPro Frameless or one of its clones. I use a ProMate Frameless and have also heard the the XS Scuba Frameless is good also. These masks are low volume as the lense is bonded directly to the skin of the mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom