SINGLES: Who do you "prefer" diving with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wreck Wench

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Ok you SINGLE non-married types....who do you "prefer" to dive with?

1. Same buddy all the time?
2. Male or female?
3. Attractive or doesn't matter? (Hey I specifically put this in a "singles only" thread labeled as such so we could express our 'single oriented' opinions!)
4. Married or Single?

Or does it vary based upon the type of diving you do?

I guess I could really make it interesting by adding to it....Who do you "normally" dive with????

I dive most frequently with the person I trust the most... me. Not suggesting I'm a fantastic diver or anything egotistical, it's just the reality of needing to dive frequently in an area where few potential buddies are available (most are working professionals).

Of course Wreck Wench, you know my real preference! But to answer your questions:

1. I like variety in my buddies when I'm not diving solo because I view diving as a social activity as well (primarily during surface intervals).

2. Female due not entirely to the cross-gender appeal, but also because their dive style is more often similar to mine.

3. Attractive is nice, but not just in a physical sense... attractive as a person (intelligent, sense of humor, etc.)

4. Almost all of my female buddies are happily involved, but I'd sure enjoy having a few new ones that were single!

Dr. Bill

I would say that 99.9% of single heterosexual men would prefer to dive with an attractive single female given the option !
Unfortunately the occasion is rare , in my particular dive club there isn't any single attractive female divers !!!

Looking on the negative side my last dive was with an attractive married diver and she called the dive short because she was cold, which was okay except she said that she always gets cold, which kind of peed me off as she obviously isn't wearing the right under garments with her dry suit and I had to suffer as a result !
Speaking from a man's point of view , I don't care how cold I get , I never surface unless low on air!

I don't have a regular dive buddy(except myself when I go solo :) ) and with the club I have dived with somebody different each time!

I prefer to dive with whoever will dive with me. Beggars can't be choosers. (I do have pink gear and that is not always received well, at least on the Board!!)

Male or female is fine with me. I've mostly buddied with men.

I prefer to dive with someone I have been diving with before as I have a better understanding of my buddy's equipment and habits etc. However, there was always a first time with that buddy so new buddies are welcome too.

Doesn't matter what they look like as long as I can recognize my buddy underwater!!

Single/married. Not picky. I'm looking to dive not hit on the person! (although some divers' wives were not impressed to have me buddied with their hubbies. Okay, one in particular.)

Diverlady

(No beggars, choosers or hubbies were harmed in the making of this posting)

The best buddy for me is someone that has a good head on their shoulders and a similar manner of communication to me. Not underwater symbols, but the way they look at & deal with life. I am not a daredevil and don't like to dive with someone that is.

1. Same buddy all the time? - Nope.
2. Male or female? - Doesn't matter.
3. Attractive or doesn't matter? (Hey I specifically put this in a "singles only" thread labeled as such so we could express our 'single oriented' opinions!) - Doesn't matter
4. Married or Single? - Doesn't matter.

"Or does it vary based upon the type of diving you do?"

Most definitely. I originally started to write that I like a compentent buddy. Someone who's skills I can count on.
However, I then realized that really depends on the type of diving I'm doing.

Deeper wrecks, difficult conditions, river diving and such - competancy counts. Shallower wrecks and quarries are where that isn't necessarily the case. My buddies are normally newer club members that are working on their skills. I'm there to make suggestions when asked, do a bit of watching out for them, and help them develop the confidence and skills to become someone anyone would want to buddy up with in more difficult conditions.

Paula

Well I haven't been diving as regularly as I used to but when I was diving 4 - 5 time a weekend. I would always dive with the same person, Dave. We knew eachothers habits and didn't have to babysit. If someone wanted to dive with me, I made sure that Dave was available to go also.

As to male or female, and looks. It doesn't matter as long as you have a fun and safe dive. Can you name one person that is attractive at 40+ feet of water? I know I can't.

Well Wreck Wench,
Lemme see...what do I like in a dive buddy? Depending on the dive...but for a casual easy type of dive...some good looking female is nice....you or vascubagirl pop into my head right away. The reason I say casual easy dive...is because you 2 are so darn distracting :D I would actually dive any wreck with either of you 2 since you are both very good divers.

Wreck Wench once bubbled...

1. Same buddy all the time?
2. Male or female?
3. Attractive or doesn't matter? (Hey I specifically put this in a "singles only" thread labeled as such so we could express our 'single oriented' opinions!)
4. Married or Single?

Or does it vary based upon the type of diving you do?

I guess I could really make it interesting by adding to it....Who do you "normally" dive with????

1) I prefer to had multiple buddies. Let's face it Although I have a great list of diving buddies, no one in particular is always available to dive with me and vice versa. I will admit that I do sometimes have a preference in diving buddies.
2) Gender doesn't matter to me in a dive partner. I have had many, many enjoyable experiences with both male and feamale buddies.
3) Physical actractiveness doesn't matter in a dive buddy. It irrelevant. What matters that you enjoy the dive with them.
4) Again it doesn't matter if they are married or single. What matters is that you have a good time in the dive.

I will say this about diving buddies, it does have to be someone I like when I'm out of the water. Let's face it you have to live with the person on the boat and out of the water inbetween dives. A good dive buddy starts by being a good friend first.

"Normally" I dive with two friends, the three of us get along well, trust each other and generally have a great time in and out of the water. Being 3 makes roadtrips cheaper as well as we split bills 3ways instead of 2. When neither of them can make it I´ll try to "grab" an unassigned buddy who seems compatible.

Who would I prefer to dive with?
For easy dives I´d sure prefer to dive with a beautiful, single, female. For more "advanced" dives my buddy needs to be someone I trust and get along with, on those dives thats all that matters.

SINGLES: Who do you "prefer" diving with?

1) I have several people I dive with. Each has his or her own personality underwater and I enjoy each of them. That said, My normal dive buddy is a kick to watch underwater in some of the things he has done and some of the things he gets into. We discovered on a warm water trip that we weren’t normal divers. Yes those fish sure look pretty, however, did you see how far we got in that lava tube? Wrecks, underwater swim-throughs, etc is what we both seem to head to.

2. Male or female? Both my buddy and I have recently learned that just because you meet a good-looking female that she should become you regular dive partner. It doesn’t work that way. I would love to find a nice compatible woman (especially if she looks like you Wreck Wench) to become familiar and comfortable with and to share a common interest. But until then, It does not mater, as long as they are competent in the water and I don’t have to rescue them it just doesn’t matter.

4. Married or Single? See above.

Or does it vary based upon the type of diving you do? See answer to number 1.

I guess I could really make it interesting by adding to it....Who do you "normally" dive with???? Anyone who says “hey it’s another small craft warning in the bay, let’s go diving!”
:eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom