Sink-o de Mayo '09 - May 8-10 - Save the Date!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad that you all had a great time. Sorry that I missed it. Had to choose between north or south. Went to the springs and had a blast. South next time. Maybe.
Ed

Thanks to all who dove with us for Sinko. It was really great seeing some old and meeting some new Sber's. The weather was perfect to get wet this past weekend and the only way it would have been a better diving weekend is if I could have dove with you, but guess someone has to man the boat and fend off the pirates.

Sorry we couldn't make it to the party, but after getting all the tanks filled and the boat ready for Sunday morning, we were plum tuckered out.

Again thanks and look forward seeing you all again!!

Good Diving,

Had an awesome time this weekend!!!

Thanks Ken for the wonderful steaks, shrimp, and veggies... The pineapple rocked!!!

Michelle - the chocolate peanut butter bars were yummy...

Chris & Captain Bob from Silent World were awesome as always!!! I think North North Dry Rocks is my favorite spot so far... Most diving I've gotten to do in a weekend yet!!!

Donna - Thanks for the Sweater Puppy donation, I still think you would have looked great in the T-shirt.. :D

Thanks again Becky & Ken for the cookout and it was great to meet some of the people I read about here.. Had a blast all!!! Can't wait until ITK!!!

Karen and I had a great time. Thank you to everyone for showing us foreigners such great hospitality. BBQ was great!

I suppose I'll be the first one to post pictures. I won't know everyone's name so I'll just name some I know and put comments about others.

o9ltsi.jpg

Karen and I. The best looking couple there. :rofl3:

6nytci.jpg

You could have brought me a towel!

znvll1.jpg

You guys can sort through this one.

1zcij6e.jpg

The hostesses with the mosteses. (I know that's not a word)

20fcohy.jpg

Adorable, need I say more?

105xwqp.jpg

Damn shark ruined this divers day!

xqflg2.jpg

Everyone always wants to surround themselves around Tracy! :wink:

29usnpi.jpg

When are you guys going to leave?

The next two are a perfect finale to an awesome weekend. Karen and I enjoyed a great dinner and sunset at snooks

2rzs6xv.jpg

16lyz9h.jpg

Everyone is very welcome for the dinner and it was allot of fun to finally meet everyone and have a great weekend.My boat will be comming soon to a dock somewhere in the keys so all of you spear folks and water babies keep in touch and sometime we will go for a little ride:D

Like everyone else, all I can say is, "What a fantastic weekend!!!"

I'm having a bit of trouble adjusting back to reality this morning. And given about 4 more days like this past weekend, I might just find it impossible! :cool2:

Many thanks to everyone for their time (especially Becky & Ken, who didn't even get any bubble time with us!), effort, scrumptious food, and most importantly for coming out and having a good time with fellow ScubaBoarders! As far as I can tell, just one thing was missing - Capt. Gary's (in-)famous wings. Will have to come up with a back-up plan for the tank fills & clean up for the next round so that the CRD guys (& gals!) can attend the evening's festivities! :D

For those of you who are already discussing the next chapter; well, let's get past ITK, but the Admiral, Capt., and I were discussing another mini-reunion in the fall, possibly the weekend after DEMA, so mid November... What do you guys think?

Thanks again to everyone for a great weekend!
-Laura

another mini-reunion in the fall, possibly the weekend after DEMA, so mid November... What do you guys think?
I think that is a TERRIFIC idea!!! :D

Everyone is very welcome for the dinner and it was allot of fun to finally meet everyone and have a great weekend.My boat will be comming soon to a dock somewhere in the keys so all of you spear folks and water babies keep in touch and sometime we will go for a little ride:D

Now that sounds like an excellent plan, Ken! :D

And thanks again for manning the grill - I think that an Aussie on the barbie is about as good as it gets!

Hola Folks,

Well what can I say, what a great way to ease back in to the "world".

Thanks are due, as follows:

Firstly, to Becky and Ken. Kawama was perfect and the feed was off the charts, mate!

MissD- For getting me down there in the first place.

Chugger- For hanging out with me on the dives and intentionally underweighting himself on the first one to make me look good. I'll dive with you anytime, bro.

Lewis Evans- Same deal as with Chugger. Another one to dive any time with.

Capt Gary- for bringing everyone back that he took out, mostly in one piece. I own a dive business and know how much the captain has to sweat the small (and big) stuff in order to do this.

It was a pleasure to meet everyone, I'm hoping to make some more events this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom