Sipadan during the end of November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reaver

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are planning to dive in Sipadan during the last week of November.

Any ideas on what the conditions will be like? Is 5d/4n enough to get a chance to dive Sipadan?

Where are you staying? We got 2 days at Sipadan for 5 days/5night stay in July at Mabul Water Bungalows. I think November is the slower season.

We're thinking Borneo Divers..hopefully the weather holds up

We are planning to dive in Sipadan during the last week of November.

Any ideas on what the conditions will be like? Is 5d/4n enough to get a chance to dive Sipadan?

Have a quick look at holidays for the neighboring Asian countries. I see the Islamic New Year but don't know off-hand if it is a big holiday travel weekend for Singapore and Malaysia, UAE, etc.
The US has Thanksgiving. Don't know about Eu countries.

Really, how many days you get a permit depends on how booked your own and other resorts are.

November is the start of Aussie hols...but Ive never met an Aussie in 2 trips to Sipadan :confused:. Its going to be low season because of weather so good chance you can get out there. Around Mabul is fantastic diving anyway, and Si Amil. I dont understand when folks cry if they dont get to Sipadan what they are missing is the woods for the trees right on their doorstep.

Borneo divers is good, 5d4n is sufficient to gurantee sipadan entry. im gg first week of nov though, solo trip. ;p

Borneo divers is good, 5d4n is sufficient to gurantee sipadan entry. im gg first week of nov though, solo trip. ;p

Let us know how you go, I'm interested to see how the weather holds up and of course the food!

November is the start of Aussie hols...but Ive never met an Aussie in 2 trips to Sipadan

Maybe you have and mistaken them for pommies or kiwis....they love to hate that :D Diving in Sipadan would be the priority, it's what the place is known for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom