Sipidan/Mabul?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubMariner

C'est Moi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
We're looking at a November trip to Sipidan/Mabul.

Any feedback would be welcome!!!

Thanx,

~SubMariner~

P.S.: I don't know whether this qualifies as Pacific or Asia, so I'm posting in both areas... please don't flame me. :wink:

My wife and I are returning to Sipadan in October . $1995 all inclusive ( 8 days 7 nights ) from LAX with Borneo Divers .It is the deal of the year . http://www.divetrip.com . It is not published on their website . Call 1-800-346-6116 and ask for Tina and ask about the Sipadan special . Good till the end of the year . I do not work for Island Dreams . Have fun , dawhale

How about some info from you about it? Where you stayed? Where you dove? Pros, cons, etc?

Thanks!

~SubMariner~

Sipadan is a disputed territory (Malaysia and Indonesia are fighting over it) so they restrict the number of people who can actually live on the island. I just got back (literally two days ago) from Mabul, which is the next island over and we did dives off Sipadan which is a 20-minute boat ride away. I thought it was the best run dive resort I have stayed at. I don't know the price exactly since I bought the package from Singapore (where it cost me under $1000 including flights for 5 days) but you get the transfers included, a chalet with two beds (some of which have in-room jacuzzis), 3 boat dives a day, unlimited reef dives (you pay about $5 extra for use of a tank) and all meals. We dived off Sipadan (Barracuda Point, Midreef Wall), Mabul and Kapalai. What I liked was they have lockers for all your gear and have great dive instructors. The diving is great if you have good viz - when we went there was some current and rain - Sipadan is all wall dives and all 3 places have currents. The marine life is incredibly diverse - we saw barracudas, of course, lots of reef sharks, turtles, and also the smaller things like eels, shrimp, nudis that you have to be careful in order to spot. We tried for hammerheads but did not see any.

Here is the website: http://www.sipadan-village.com.my/index.html

Hi Voln

I agree with you. Having stayed at most resort at Sipadan area, The Sipadan Water Village Resort at the Next Island (Mabul) is the best in that area. Been there a few times now.

Love that resort (I don't work for them). Always felt pampered by them. I am sure you did too.

Cheers....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom