sizing help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tracerbullet

Contributor
Reaction score
Having a terrible time finding a suit that fits.
I have an athletic build 44 inch chest 33 inch waist and 30 inseam. 5' 10"
Everything I have tried (limited) fits everything but my chest. I cant get it to zip. If I get the chest size then the legs and arms are to long or there is to much fabric around my waist.

I have spent way to much shipping things back and forth

Can anyone point me to a manufacturer to try?

Having a terrible time finding a suit that fits.
I have an athletic build 44 inch chest 33 inch waist and 30 inseam. 5' 10"
Everything I have tried (limited) fits everything but my chest. I cant get it to zip. If I get the chest size then the legs and arms are to long or there is to much fabric around my waist.

I have spent way to much shipping things back and forth

Can anyone point me to a manufacturer to try?

I have the opposite issue from you, I have the "prosperous" build with a manly sized waist. I have always had issues with sizing in wetsuits, if it fits in the belly and chest areas, it is too long and the legs are too baggy (I do have very nice athletic legs since I do lots of surface swimming). I am always between 3XL and 4XL.

I recently got the Bare Sports 5mm reactive suit and it was a God sent. I can't say enough good things about it in terms of fit, stretchablility, comfort and warmth. I actually got a 2XL Short size and it was the perfect size, the most perfect sizing suit I have had in the last 20 years. It was a dream to put on, so easy without any restrictions. I have made about 10 dives with it so far and it is very warm. I would be using a 7mm suit during this time of the year to stay warm, but with this 5mm suitI was plenty warm and comfortable, even during 100 minute dives. I wouldn't be able to do this in any of my older 5mm suits (I have Mares, AL and XS Scuba suits and they all suck compared with this Bare suit).

I also got recently a Scubapro Everflex Steamer, 3/2mm in 2XLS and I tried it twice in the same water temperature and I was "OK". It still fit great and very stretchy and easy to put on. In about two weeks time, I'll be switching to the Scubapro 3mm suit to use during the summer here until about end of September when I switch back to the Bare 5mm suit (will be getting a drysuit later in the Fall however).

You can't go wrong with either brand and these specific models but the Bare 55mm Reactive suit is better (and more expensive). They are the top of the line in their respective mfg's wetsuit line and come at a premium price but they are truly the best suits I have tried and for me they are worth it. Proper fit, comfort and warmth all together combination has been a very difficult to have at the same time for me over the last many years but with these suits, Bare especially, I found a very happy and comfortable combination. I now don't dread putting a 5mm suit on or swimming with it for over 500 meters on the surface in full scuba kit to get to the drop down point.

I'd recommend trying one of these two suits in the thickness you need and I wish you all the best.

I’ve tried the Scubapro everflex steamer. Large short can’t zip. Xlshort baggy in waist. Pity, I really liked the suit

Back
Top Bottom