Sizing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaberman1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I will be putting my order in this week for a bullet package but am curious about sizing. I don't fit perfectly into the stock categories and don't want to 'bite the bullet' and order a custom since I've heard these suits are VERY form fitting regardless. Here are the measurements according to how the website says to measure:

Height: 5ft 6in
Chest: 38 in
Waist: 38 in
Butt: 45 in
Crotch-Floor: 30.5 in

Would a SM/MED or LG/XLG be better? I would think a SM/MED because a LG/XL would be too long?

I will be putting my order in this week for a bullet package but am curious about sizing. I don't fit perfectly into the stock categories and don't want to 'bite the bullet' and order a custom since I've heard these suits are VERY form fitting regardless. Here are the measurements according to how the website says to measure:

Height: 5ft 6in
Chest: 38 in
Waist: 38 in
Butt: 45 in
Crotch-Floor: 30.5 in

Would a SM/MED or LG/XLG be better? I would think a SM/MED because a LG/XL would be too long?[/QUOTE

Hey Zaberman, thanks for your inquiry about the fusion fittings. To help serve you better can you please provide me with your weight to see what we can come up with to help you out.
Doug Maynard

Yeah, 170lbs, sorry I forgot about that one...

No problem, depending on the undergarments you are wearing underneath, I would proablly recommend a L/XL suit for your body configuration. The tech skin should incorporate the extra dry-core material. I would also recommend the new bullet skin as the new gatortech material has more strech, as well as removable elbow and knee pads for more movement if required. Your best bet would be to drop into your local dealer and try the different sizes on if you're still not sure as which way to progress.
Hope this helps.

Doug Maynard
Whites Manufacturing Ltd.

I'm a little smaller in the waist and butt area but the hight and weight are close i have the l/xl and it fits great, the length is fine:d:d

Not to hijack but my MK1 & MK2 are XL - so would I be correct in thinking (here goes my ego) at 5'10" and 225 lbs I'd be looking at the 2XL Fusion to allow for undergarments (I'll be getting a MK3 soon for winter diving).

Thanks a lot guys...I'm pretty sure I will get the bullet L/XL package with MK2...

The MK 2 is really nice. You can unzip the sleeves and hood from the jacket and put it on over the one piece undergarment for additional warmth. For low 50 degree water I put on a pair of wool hunting socks over the neoprene socks to keep my feet warm.
I also recently bought the MK3 and it's one really warm undergarment. I have only worn it once, because I cannot reach my manifold valves when I wear it.
The only issue that I have with the undergarments is that there is not a woman's cut. Size L fits me, but they are snug in the hips and chest - not an issue for you :). I'm probably going to have my MK3 altered.

Back
Top Bottom