Sizing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to hijack but my MK1 & MK2 are XL - so would I be correct in thinking (here goes my ego) at 5'10" and 225 lbs I'd be looking at the 2XL Fusion to allow for undergarments (I'll be getting a MK3 soon for winter diving).

Hey Brian, if you do plan on getting into an MK3 I would recommend a 2xl for the measurements you have given. However your best bet would be to drop into your local dealer and try one on with the MK3 just to make certain.

Doug Maynard
Whites Manufacturing

The MK 2 is really nice. You can unzip the sleeves and hood from the jacket and put it on over the one piece undergarment for additional warmth. For low 50 degree water I put on a pair of wool hunting socks over the neoprene socks to keep my feet warm.
I also recently bought the MK3 and it's one really warm undergarment. I have only worn it once, because I cannot reach my manifold valves when I wear it.
The only issue that I have with the undergarments is that there is not a woman's cut. Size L fits me, but they are snug in the hips and chest - not an issue for you :). I'm probably going to have my MK3 altered.

Hey Carrie,
just a couple of recommendations if I may. Have you considered the MK3 Glacier Thermal Socks in place of your wool hunting socks over top of the neoprene socks? I used to do the same thing until I switched, now all I wear is the MK3 socks.......so warm.
Also in regards to your one piece, you can get a custom made pro series undergarmet to help with a better fit. Hope this helps a little.

Doug Maynard
Whites Manufacturing

Hey Carrie,
just a couple of recommendations if I may. Have you considered the MK3 Glacier Thermal Socks in place of your wool hunting socks over top of the neoprene socks? I used to do the same thing until I switched, now all I wear is the MK3 socks.......so warm.
Also in regards to your one piece, you can get a custom made pro series undergarmet to help with a better fit. Hope this helps a little.

Doug Maynard
Whites Manufacturing

Hey Brian, if you do plan on getting into an MK3 I would recommend a 2xl for the measurements you have given. However your best bet would be to drop into your local dealer and try one on with the MK3 just to make certain.

Doug Maynard
Whites Manufacturing

I'm test diving one tonight courtesy of my friends at Sharky's.

Hey Carrie,

Doug Maynard
Whites Manufacturing

I have not seen the MK3 Glacier Thermal socks. What would be the advantage over wool socks?
I have already purchased the MK3, so now I just need to make it work. If I was just diving a single tank it wouldn't be an issue. The most cost effective route for me may be to have it altered.
It would be really nice if White's made the undergarments in women's sizes. My undies are a little snug in the chest and butt, but fit well every where else so I don't think it's too small. It's just not cut to fit the shape of a woman.

Hey Carrie,
The advantage of the Glacier socks is the primaloft sandwiched between the fleece lining and the nylon facing. As well by itself the lining is made from moisture wicking high loft insulating polypropylene fleece. These socks are super warm. After about 30-40 min underwater my feet used to become ice blocks, that was with various configurations of different materials on them. Now all I wear is the glacier's by themselves and my cold feet are gone.......no pun intended. Imagine a MK3 on your feet. We also understand the situation with the womens sizing, things have been brought up, but right now all we have available for custom sizes is the pro series undergarments, sorry Carrie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom