Skills Practice at Point Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You must have run into Steve and August :) I wasn't there Saturday but caught up with them on Sunday. I'll send your regards!

As to the inflator, that's right. IIRC, I was taught to take up any slack on the line, hold the spool by the thumb and middle finger of the right hand, and trap the inflator between the index and middle finger. Remove regulator with left hand, and blow up the bag with the right. Then, replace your reg, and extend the bag out with the left hand to clear the knot in the line, and release. But it's been a while and I may be missing something...

Yes I agree with Neil, the bag shoot looks quite smooth :)!

Since I'm very fresh out of Fundies I think I can offer a few more details to the explanation (I think this covers it all)?

Once the reel/bag are secured in position with your fingers/hand --

Prior to inflating the bag, make sure to look up for objects that may obstruct the bag (such as kelp or a boat). To do this, simply turn your head towards the surface and look up, first to one side and then to the other.

Next, fill the bag with a little breath just to set its position in the water. Then a bigger breath which fills the bag to the desired volume

--- release as per Kenn's description.

A useful tip: when your lips are cold it's easiest to blow-up the bag from the corner of your mouth.

Back
Top Bottom