Skills you practice on a regular basis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring once bubbled...
3) switch backgas regulators with stage regulators and then switch back.

Am I an idiot or am I just missing something here? Or both?

How do you do that without screwing up your first stage, i.e. getting lots o' water in them?

-
Last couple of weeks I have been practicing my mid dive air transfers. This is generally done with doubles. We remove one of the first stages from each of the sets and then using a special whip are able to transfer gas to the person that is low on air. I am working on perfecting the technique and hope to submit my idea to GUE by the end of the year.

lucid once bubbled...
-
Last couple of weeks I have been practicing my mid dive air transfers. This is generally done with doubles. We remove one of the first stages from each of the sets and then using a special whip are able to transfer gas to the person that is low on air. I am working on perfecting the technique and hope to submit my idea to GUE by the end of the year.

That's funny. OK, we'll let you know sometime next week...

NEXT!

:wink:

I know I am not the only one who practices this stuff. Yes, #1 is hard (especially with double steels), but if you are practiced up and paid attention in your DIRF you should be able to manage it without your trim and buoyancy going to heck. Tom is right...#2 is easy. #3 is also a bit hard unless you are pretty limber, but really not much harder than a valve drill. Who cares if it trashes your regs...you just replace them every couple months. What's more important here, a few hundred dollars worth of regs or your ability to handle problems underwater?

lucid once bubbled...
-

Why?

Way to go guys.

You've set the hook, now reel them in.

What day is it again? :wink:

Marc :jester:

I think the jig is up :(

Speaking of reels. I should have a underwater fishing pole ready soon. Coolest thing about it is the auto-reel feature. It'll use low pressure air from the tank to activate the reel. Still working on casting techniques.

psst o-ring: Nah I am sure we can hook a few more.

O-ring once bubbled...
I know I am not the only one who practices this stuff. Yes, #1 is hard (especially with double steels), but if you are practiced up and paid attention in your DIRF you should be able to manage it without your trim and buoyancy going to heck. Tom is right...#2 is easy. #3 is also a bit hard unless you are pretty limber, but really not much harder than a valve drill. Who cares if it trashes your regs...you just replace them every couple months. What's more important here, a few hundred dollars worth of regs or your ability to handle problems underwater?

Why don't you just swap out the regs while you have the doubles off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom