Skin Bends and Future Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a great time to be a part of. We haven't done much with DCIEM on a formal basis lately but we've had four Canadian military docs come through the fellowship program over the past few years.

Natalieinca. Just wondering if you have an update on your test and dive status. Hope all went well and you are back in the water.

I finally got the test (insurance issues) and it was positive. :(

The cardiologist is not really familiar with PFO and diving. I haven't had the follow-up with the dive doc yet, but she did say if it was positive she was going to tell me not to dive.

I'll obviously discuss it further with my doctors and make some decisions, but I am bummed...

Thanks for all of the replies and advice given. Natalie

I finally got the test (insurance issues) and it was positive. :(

The cardiologist is not really familiar with PFO and diving. I haven't had the follow-up with the dive doc yet, but she did say if it was positive she was going to tell me not to dive.

I'll obviously discuss it further with my doctors and make some decisions, but I am bummed...

Thanks for all of the replies and advice given. Natalie
About 25% of divers have PFOs and no problems. Do get in touch with a dive doc and/or DAN for informed advice.

Back
Top Bottom