Slapstrap installation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kriterian

Reaction score
I recently purchased my personal gear for an upcoming certification classes. My dive shop was kind enough to throw in some de-fog and a slapstrap.

My question is: How in the heck do I install this thing (slapstrap) ?

When I was certified in the past, the neoprene piece I had was just the part that touches the back of the head. You would thread your original mask's strap through it, forming basically a cover for the original strap.

My new slapstrap however is the neoprene part with it's own strap. It doesn't seem like it would work with the clips on the masks original grasping system. Any ideas? I figured I would embarass myself by asking here before doing it live in the dive shop :11:

Thanks,

I just put one on less than 5 minutes ago.
It should have come with 2 'buckles', one for each side. You run the strap up through the first slot of the buckle then down through the second slot. Run the free end of the strap through the mask slot from the inside to the outside. You should now be able to run the strap back through the little buckle the other way (retracing your earlier work but going on top of it), going up and then down so that the free end is now secured and right above your ear. Repeat for the other side then adjust for fit.

Maybe a simpler way to picture it is, fold the nylon strap in half so that it is a double thickness. Take the place where it makes the bend and thread it through the buckle, up, then down. The little loop that is in the end is where the mask slot will be held.

Did that make any sense at all? No? Come over and I'll do it. :wink:

Joe

this is a bad drawing but maybe it will help.

edit: Err.. I guess the writing is a little small. The box represents a mask and the top of the box is the front of the mask. The bottom of it is the face side of the mask...
I give up. I really hope I didn't just TOTALLY confuse you..

Joe

Sideband:
this is a bad drawing but maybe it will help.

edit: Err.. I guess the writing is a little small. The box represents a mask and the top of the box is the front of the mask. The bottom of it is the face side of the mask...
I give up. I really hope I didn't just TOTALLY confuse you..

Joe

Thanks for the descriptions and the pic, I got it on and it hasn't fallen off yet! I appreciate all the responses, I feel like an idiot for thinking the new strap had to have those locking ridges on it to work in the mask :11:

Kriterian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom