Slide Show/Movie 101

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm guessing you have allready found something that you like.. but another option could be Windows Movie Maker... quite foolproof and it comes with your windows XP (home and pro)... just import the pics / videos / music and add them to the 'storyboard'.. save your movie and your done.. the other thing might give better results.. but this is just another thought.

Tamas:
oh ok! i was going to say that looks very nice....I also like when you change the image from b/w to colour or back....what other tricks do you have up your sleeve?

Care to sell your time if I give you all the pics, movies, songs....etc?

I barely have time to work on my own pictures....

Thanks for that advice. I checked out their website and they give you a free 15-day trial to see if you like it. Most people I know use pix to pix (or something like that). I googled slide show software but couldn't find that one. Found a whole heap of others that also offer free demos. That's good so you can see how easy they are to use, if they have the features you want, etc.

fairybasslet:
Thanks for that advice. I checked out their website and they give you a free 15-day trial to see if you like it. Most people I know use pix to pix (or something like that). I googled slide show software but couldn't find that one. Found a whole heap of others that also offer free demos. That's good so you can see how easy they are to use, if they have the features you want, etc.

A couple of the +'s for me with Photodex is the fact that you can upload your show to there web site then all you have to do is send a link to people that you want to see it.
PS There is no limit on the size of the show.
You can also save in a couple of different DVD formats (US OR UK)

cdiver2:
A couple of the +'s for me with Photodex is the fact that you can upload your show to there web site then all you have to do is send a link to people that you want to see it.
PS There is no limit on the size of the show.
You can also save in a couple of different DVD formats (US OR UK)

I guess that would be easier than setting up your own web page in order to do that.

fairybasslet:
I guess that would be easier than setting up your own web page in order to do that.

Doing up a simple webpage is not too hard, but I think the bigger issue is finding the storage space to host it. I run my own website, so that is not an issue, but some of these files can get fairly sizeable. Many of mine are 100 MB+.

mjh:
Another Photodex fan. I know I watched one that somebody had inserted short video pcs, don't know how they did it. One thing I do is keep slides to about 3.5-4.1 "exposure". This keeps it moving fast enough that non-divers or photofreaks keep interested. My attempts...

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/memberbrowsego.html

Is this the program where all photos are shown for the same duration? You can't let one be on for a shorter length of time than another?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom