Small Portable Compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pizzajohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have been using this compressor for about the last year and have loved it! We dive a lot and decided to upgrade and get something that fills tanks quicker and is quieter, but this thing has been a great work horse for us. It comes with all kinds of spare parts for both the compressor and the Honda engine. Since I have owned it, I have maintained service records and will give them to the buyer. It also comes with two packable filters so you can pack them yourself to save money. I'm happy to teach the buyer how to maintain it properly and pack their own filters. Also comes with a partial gallon of compressor oil which is enough to keep this thing running for years to come. Let me know if you have any questions!

It takes about 30 minutes to fill each tank from 500-3000 and uses about one gallon of gas per 5-6 tanks. We only use it to fill up to 3000psi.

It is located on Kauai so it would be ideal to sell in the Hawaiian islands, but open to shipping other places as well. Buyer pays shipping.

$1500

PXL_20220906_210059865.jpg
PXL_20220906_210113350.jpg
PXL_20220906_210123898.jpg
PXL_20220906_210132759.jpg

Make/model/year of compressor.
Size/hp & age of the engine.
Same for the filtration system. What are the elements in the filter housing? I.e. what molecular sieve (e.g. 13x) activated carbon & hopcalite materials is in the housing? What is the size of housing.
You've owned it for about a year. Did you purchase it new or did someone own it prior?

TIA

what are you replacing it with that will make it faster and quieter?
knew tbone would be here somewhere! surprised he hasnt made an appearance in the 14 year old dive log questions. :)

what are you replacing it with that will make it faster and quieter?
We bought a new Coltri Mark III Silent TPS.

Make/model/year of compressor.
Size/hp & age of the engine.
Same for the filtration system. What are the elements in the filter housing? I.e. what molecular sieve (e.g. 13x) activated carbon & hopcalite materials is in the housing? What is the size of housing.
You've owned it for about a year. Did you purchase it new or did someone own it prior?

TIA
I have no idea on the year/make/model, it does not have a nameplate that I can find. I bought it from a guy on the big island that also didn't know much and had it sitting in his barn for a while. He owns one of the dive shops on the big island was was super knowledgeable about filters and how to use this properly. It looks like an older Max Air 35 or Coltri MCH6 or other brand that did a knock off of these since the parts match up. The engine is a Honda GX140. I imagine the compressor and the engine have always been paired together since they were new, but that is just a guess. For the filter I use 13x and activated Carbon. You could add hopcalite if you wanted and I know it is recommended because I am using a gas motor, but with the constant tradewinds and the remote intake it didn't seem necessary. It uses the same filter an MCH6/MaxAir 35 would use. I believe the Lawrence Factor part number is X152412.

Price drop to our bottom line. $1500. Need to make room!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom