Snorkel Anyone ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PePaw

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Okay, just curious, with the exception of classwork/training. How many of you wear a snorkel in your diving and have found it useful ?

Man. I bought this great snorkel for class. i mean, for a snorkel, its pretty cool! Only problem is, when I was wearing it underwater while diving, I ended up grabbing the mouthpiece instead of my inflator hose - every time! This got to be rather annoying.

It broke my heart, but after a few dives, I had to leave the snorkel on dry land. Hmm. Maybe I have too much love for that snorkel.... :D

never used a snorkel.....never felt that i missed it...personally, i hate the things, i never feel like i get enough air through them, so i would rather use my reg!

Ice9:
Man. I bought this great snorkel for class. i mean, for a snorkel, its pretty cool! Only problem is, when I was wearing it underwater while diving, I ended up grabbing the mouthpiece instead of my inflator hose - every time! This got to be rather annoying.

It broke my heart, but after a few dives, I had to leave the snorkel on dry land. Hmm. Maybe I have too much love for that snorkel....
04.gif
Tough love eh?

I always take my snorkel with me on warm-water trips ... sometimes I even use it during surface intervals.

Locally ... well, nobody actually snorkels in Puget Sound ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

PePaw:
Okay, just curious, with the exception of classwork/training. How many of you wear a snorkel in your diving and have found it useful ?
don't use one anymore. I still have one to show boat captains I 'have one with me' when they insist ' divers need one'....

After my first 20 dives or so I found it to be annoying, and leave it in my dive bag now. When in the tropics it can be fun to snorkel during SI's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom