Snorkel Fins For Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadweight once bubbled...
Mike,

I have seen some divers cut their hands on ladders, yet few wear gloves in warm water.

But we don't walk on out hands. LOL

I'm not saying they aren't usable just that I don't think thet're a good idea around here.

The problem in the places where Mike and I dive is the +/-40 degree water temp at depth. You can't get a 7mil bootie in full foot fins and you're gonna want that 7mil protection instead of a 3mil sock. BRRRR! I WISH we had warm enough places around here to dive without 5 or 7mil booties!
Ber :bunny:

I love my full foot fins, but I would not wear them in 40f water either. The fresh water diving around here is not all that good so most of my diving requires a passport and a credit card.

I give my students the option of either type of fin. My primary Agency (NASE) doesn't require any type of fin. When I taught with PADI I recall any standard for fins, but I did work for a dive shop that pushed open heeled fins...much more profit...fins, boots etc. An interesting side note... I also teach with HSAI...when teaching people who are paralyzed or double amputees, there is obviously no requiremnt for fins.

With my regular classes as I said I give them an option...but that's qualified...

Where do you plan to dive...only from boats and warm water? The full foot fins will work fine

Doing beach dives? Remember that asphalt temp from the car to the beach hits at least 150d in the peak of the and the beach sand just as hot...and sand spurs, they can be nasty.

Doing the springs? Well that entails a lot of hiking on rough ground.

Most students elect to spending the extra bucks and go boots and open heals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom