Snorkeling in 1000 feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sorry, but you guys are being way too negative about Sam's post. I enjoyed DD's video and Sam's anecdotal discussion of spearfishing on the west coast. I really do not see Sam trying to belittle DD, just offering his perspective on skin diving, spearfishing and how it was done "back in the day." Read it as what it was meant to be - a voice from the past. I've read a couple of the books Sam listed and they are interesting reads. Leave it at that. I know this is ScubaBoard, but there is no need to bash.

In other words.... Pay no never mind. Grandpa is just out in the front yard, in his underwear (again). LOL..

I'm sorry, but you guys are being way too negative about Sam's post. I enjoyed DD's video and Sam's anecdotal discussion of spearfishing on the west coast. I really do not see Sam trying to belittle DD, just offering his perspective on skin diving, spearfishing and how it was done "back in the day." Read it as what it was meant to be - a voice from the past. I've read a couple of the books Sam listed and they are interesting reads. Leave it at that. I know this is ScubaBoard, but there is no need to bash.

We all know Sam likes to remind us about the history of diving and spearos. There is no need however to criticise the size of the catch or to intimate ineptitude of mid-western divers. Yes, we all know (and appreciate) his referrals in all those books. I'm not sure that DD really needs those reminders after posting an innocuous entertaining video.

A couple clips from a snorkeling trip yesterday.

Around 20 miles out from Palm Beach.. Who knows how deep it is?

Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing the video. That is amazingly flat water. What date was this trip, and how rare is that flat water during that time of year?

----

PS - I prefer fish on the smaller side as well.

Last edited:
Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing the video. That is amazingly flat water. What date was this trip, and how rare is that flat water during that time of year?

----

PS - I prefer fish on the smaller side as well.

9-26-15 It is pretty unusual to have zero breeze and zero waves any time of the year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom