Snorkeling in the Keys??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was refered to a guy by a Fla Marine Patrol Officer I met. I was talking shop with the guy as I had done some training with some of his cohorts. I asked him where I might be able to get a rental and he walked me over to a guy he knew who was a lobster fisherman. He needed beer money and I needed a boat. Worked out real well. I got lucky and the conditions were good for a small boat.

We are locals and believe me you will find few to none who would rent their boat to a "stranger".
There are mant package deals available. One is Rainbow Bend in Grassy Key who includes free use of a boat with your stay. Close to some world class snorkeling. Certainly worth looking into.

I go down to the keys every January and stay with relatives who rent a house for the month. Luckily for me, they drive down and tow their boat. Life is much easier when you can hit the reefs on your own terms. :D

I have used a company called strike zone when the boat was tied up, and they were pretty good. I believe they are in Marathon (near Porky's) or maybe a little south of Marathon. I took a couple of trips with them to both the ocean and gulf side. The ocean trip was great. The gulf trip was a horrible site but there were more lobsters than I could handle. All in all, my experience with them was pretty good.

Chris

I snorkel with Quicksilver in the Marroit parking area. I've gone several times with them, and it is a blast!

I just got back a few weeks ago. I used Captain Slates Alantis dive center & they were great, I cant Imagine using anyone else when I go back. My wife and neice snorkeled while I was diving and had a great time.

Back
Top Bottom