So--How was this weekends diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welll Bud & I went wreck huntin on the south west coast of the UK... packed in 5 shore dives but unfortunately the only glimpse of a wreck was some interesting pottery peices from Vienna 1800s - (well that was the inscription on one anyway). We dived Bovisand bays - very pretty secluded beaches - gentle shore dives with plenty to see. Lots of marine life, kelp beds & pollack a few massive sole and some very nice crabs and krayfish. Ended Friday with a sunset dive at low tide which was barely more than a snorkle but in warm shallows with the light flickering over the shingle bed and lots of hermit crabs and whelks and little holes to explore real relaxing....Went to the site of another wreck (ha di ha!) but shifting sand had obscured all but a few plates.. apparently a good place for cannon shot but apart from an opportunity to practice 'instructor perfect skills' (we are both in training for instructor cert.) it wasn't a fantastic dive for marine life but any dive is a good one eh? Water was a balmy 16 degrees - I was a little warm in my fleece and dry suit...Roll on Malta - we're off in 2 weeks!! Happy diving u guys

Went to Monterey. The last dive of the trip almost didn't happen. My dive buddy's mask went to the bottom. We both did grid seaches for it, but couldn't find it. We were ready to call it a day (trip) when a nearby diver heard what happened and loaned my d/b their backup mask. We finished our planned dive. It was incredible. It was the dive we hoped for. The vis. was 30 ft. at 45 fsw and 48 degrees Kelvinfahrencelcigrade--that should just about cover everybody's thermal equivalent. Those conditions may not sound good to some of you, but it got a BIG smiley face in my dive log.
Next week there are plans for a morning high-altitude dive in the River, then we're off to do a lake dive that afternoon closer to the valley with high possibilities of a night dive.
AND TO THE LADY THAT LOANED MY DIVE BUDDY YOUR MASK, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. YOU MADE A LONG AWAITED DIVE A MEMORABLE ONE. We can't thank you enough. What you did was an incredible act of kindness.
I can't think of many people that would loan an $80.00 piece of personal gear to someone they knew, let alone to a total stranger--and they don't come much stranger than us.
THANK YOU AGAIN. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom