So what do you say if

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm pretty sure this guy was trying to impress me with his skill. Men tend to do that around me for some reason. He had the pony cause he told me he was a Hoover, so he knew enough to have it as a backup. I think the buoyancy thing on top of the navigation issue made him a bit off his game. That's why I was shooting for the tactful comment.

Your style of diving isn't compatible with mine. I don't think we should dive together anymore. Lets just be friends

LOL. And seal it by saying "I love you but I'm not in love with you".

To the OP: It's great that you can take this as a learning experience for yourself. We get these real life "opportunities" to learn, and the more you can take away the better.

You are doing it right. Dive with a club and in short order you will have a few good dive buddies. You want people you are comfortable calling or emailing to set up dives.

Dutch springs is also my local dive spot. I belong to Indian Valley Divers associated with Indian Valley Scuba. This group meets monthly and does a lot of diving together both at Dutch Springs and traveling. I know that I can walk up to one of them and ask to join them and be accepted.

I have a couple of buddies that like to dive on weekdays. Mick Maniago (who has posted on this thread) and I dove yesterday.

Keep looking. Can we help you get hubby in the water?

The tank can be an honest though dangerous mistake if distracted, a good self or buddy check deals with it.

I'd be lying to say I never got turned around on my compass.

Fast swimming can be conveyed during the dive, spoken about after and maybe you're not compatible.

Uncontrolled ascent is scary, what expereince level are we dealing with?

Poor gas management, what was the gas plan? I agree the instabuddy clearly made poor use of the available options.

Do you like the person? Are looking to mentor? If none of the above then handle it like a bad first date.

Pete

Do you posses the normal female bits in correct proportions?

I lost 40 lbs over the past year but keep forgetting I no longer look like a potato.

I lost 40 lbs over the past year but keep forgetting I no longer look like a potato.

Congratulations. Not looking like a potato is on the good side of that whole bad/good line. I, OTOH, still look like a potato. A red-headed potato. So on a scale of 1-5, that's bad.

You are doing it right. Dive with a club and in short order you will have a few good dive buddies. You want people you are comfortable calling or emailing to set up dives.

Dutch springs is also my local dive spot. I belong to Indian Valley Divers associated with Indian Valley Scuba. This group meets monthly and does a lot of diving together both at Dutch Springs and traveling. I know that I can walk up to one of them and ask to join them and be accepted.

I have a couple of buddies that like to dive on weekdays. Mick Maniago (who has posted on this thread) and I dove yesterday.

Keep looking. Can we help you get hubby in the water?

I also belong to Indian Valley Divers although that is NOT the club I was diving with that day, but it was at Dutch Springs. Maybe we have met.

Hubby takes seizure meds and does not like getting wet... so no it is doubtful.

I know where 5 of them went......

I'd be lying to say I never got turned around on my compass.
Pete

After the first time we went the wrong way we surfaced and I said we need to go east. He was pointing east, we went down again and it looked like he intentionally turned himself around heading west and started to swim off. He was not holding it correctly to begin with. I do know how to use a compass above and below the water.

I do not remember his name, never plan to dive with that club again and with any luck will never run into him anywhere.

---------- Post added July 16th, 2013 at 01:43 PM ----------

I know where 5 of them went......

I have no idea what you mean and am not sure I even want to know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom