SoCal HOG Repair Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tracydr, for the record, I believe the TDI basic nitrox course counts as a tech course for purposes of this. (I read that somewhere here on SB). There is no dive requirement for the TDI Nitrox course, just an online class and then go discuss it with an instructor and do some practical tank analysis. A bit of overkill if you already have nitrox, but certainly a (relatively) cheap option to allow you to do the HOG course.

I remember that too, and from a post by Jim Lapenta. I was already looking to take the TDI class just from his recommendation for the course materials you get (as well as refresher on Nitrox). If this is true then it's an added bonus to be able to take a HOG repair class.

tracydr, for the record, I believe the TDI basic nitrox course counts as a tech course for purposes of this. (I read that somewhere here on SB). There is no dive requirement for the TDI Nitrox course, just an online class and then go discuss it with an instructor and do some practical tank analysis. A bit of overkill if you already have nitrox, but certainly a (relatively) cheap option to allow you to do the HOG course.

Great to know!! Unfortunately scheduling is a problem. Oh well, maybe next time. It'd be worth a quick trip out there.

Great to know!! Unfortunately scheduling is a problem. Oh well, maybe next time. It'd be worth a quick trip out there.

when would you like the class to be?

I'd need to take a tdi course and get the tools first, which I could get done in time, but its just a bad time of year. Realistically, not until next year. With a one day class, I could fly in, take the class, and fly back.

Thanks though,

The TDI Nitrox Course does satisfy the requirement for this class. For those who meet all the other qualifications and are technically minded, a TDI Nitrox crossover class can be arranged prior to the HOG Regulator Service class.

Please feel free to contact me in you have any questions.

You can subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date on current class offerings and sales of HOG products.

Robert

I remember that too, and from a post by Jim Lapenta. I was already looking to take the TDI class just from his recommendation for the course materials you get (as well as refresher on Nitrox). If this is true then it's an added bonus to be able to take a HOG repair class.

I did the online version a year or two ago and found it to be a good class, though there were a lot of issues with the online materials and the test had some errors. I'd be interested to hear someone's review now, after I spoke with the TDI folks and gave them all the feedback I had. Just to see if they've used any of the feedback (and errata) to improve the class.

Despite the annoyances of the online test materials, I recommend the TDI class. Lots of good information and TDI has an online system of tracking your certs too, which might be helpful for people. (I haven't needed it for anything at this point but I like the format of it all.)

The response to this class has been great. There are a few spots left.

The TDI Nitrox Course does satisfy the requirement for this class. For those who meet all the other qualifications and are technically minded, an online TDI Nitrox crossover class is available here: TDI Nitrox Online

If you plan on registering for the TDI Nitrox Crossover AND the HOG Regulator Service Class, contact me for a $50.00 OFF COUPON! I am making this discount available only to those crossing over to TDI Nitrox for the purpose of enrolling in the HOG Regulator Service Class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom