Soccoro dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twinkles

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are going to Soccoro in late January. Somewhere I read that they don't do night dives. Before I leave my lights at home, I thought I would ask those who have been whether I should bring them or leave them.

Not sure what boat you are on but for the Solmar V there are no night dives and they don't allow dive lights. Never have been able to figure out that last one since the photo folks have strobes or lights on the vidio camera. I imagine its the same on the other boats but I cannot speak from experience. Just on the Solmar V.

Same here, I've only been on the Solmar V, but according to the Nautilus Explorer website, they do a night snorkel close to the boat at night to look at the silkies that come in to feed on the fish that are attracted by the boat's lights.

My guess is that a dive light would not be necessary either and might even be discouraged for fear of attracting plankton which then attracts little fishies which then draws in the bigger guys.

I have done the Nautilus Explorer, No Lights, No gloves. They do a crazy night snorkel with the Silkies right behind the dive platform. A problem waiting to happen IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom