Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Southern Leyte & Whalesharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No I was gonna sell it for a new 1Ds MkII and a housing...

No new trip reports to Southern Leyte, lately? I wonder whether anyone's seen whalesharks there recently. Or any other cool stuff.

Btw guys, do check out my website http://oojooj.multiply.com. I've got a blog there on diving as well as a Malaysian dive calendar.

All comments and suggestions on how to improve it are welcome.

I've just got myself a trip booked down there at Easter - courtesy of the recent reports!

Can't wait - the dude from SBSR says its not the best time of year to see whalesharks, bit late which is a bit of a shame, but from the sounds of things the diving is great even if you miss them.

Is this fair? Would you guys think the quality of diving is still worth it if you miss out on seeing the big dudes? (alternative was heading over to Panglao and diving there & Balicasag - anyone reading this thinking I've made a bad choice?)

The diving there is still excellent without the whale sharks. Though, I wouldn't know how it compares to Panglao and Balicasag since I've never been to those spots.

Have fun if you're going! Make sure you have the banana float-hah!

F_UNit, I think you'll have some great dives there even if the whale sharks aren't about. During our trip we kept commenting on how much better the rest of the dives would be if the sky weren't overcast. As it was, the dives were beautiful. With more light (and better vis) things should be absolutely gorgeous. The house reefs are excellent for macro stuff, and the corals at Ampo (hard) and on the northern section of Sunok (soft) are something to behold.

Have lots of fun and, as Scuba Chick said, don't miss out on the banana float at SBSR!

Back
Top Bottom