Sogod & Dumaguete Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I remember you! Congrats again on your cert! :) (I was the Canadian with pink dive gear.)

Sadly, I agree with your assessment of the El Dorado. At only $29/night, my room was an even better value but the viz was a huge disappointment. I'm reckoning it was due to the bad weather though. Dive Society has a great crew and DMs and offers free Nitrox which was a huge bonus but I was quite dismayed to find that their claim of 4-5 divers per guide was NOT true. There are other spots I'd like to try first in the Philippines (more off the beaten path) before I'd go back to Dauin. The people of Dauin were just lovely though. So many smiling faces!

(I was the Canadian with pink dive gear.)

You may have to go into more detail.. that description could easily be Chip104 as well..

You may have to go into more detail.. that description could easily be Chip104 as well..

Unfortunately the harness isn't really visible, but check out those sleeves in my new avatar. :D And don't get me started on my pink compass mount. :D:D

:rofl2: :rofl2: oh, mickey..... *tears in her eyes*

Xariatay. Peter's is OK, kind of a hodge podge of rooms of various kinds. Has a good boat. There's another 'resort' just down the road Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, Philippines » Home which is a newer and nicer. They dive the same sites. Both 'resorts' are built on narrow lots between the road and the shore, so don't expect a large 'resort' atmosphere. Sogod Bay had a group of 28 Hungarians and Peter was getting 16 people in from Hong Kong the day I left. I don't really like being around large groups, but what can you do.

Rushingphil. There where whale sharks there 2 weeks ago, but as you know, no one can gaurantee their being there on any given day. Good luck!

Thanks, Nemo! Looks like Sogod is getting its share of divers!

Back
Top Bottom