Some BP/W ??? Especially DRIS single setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Recieved my new rig yesterday via UPS and must say that it is BEA-utiful!!! I did an initial adjustment of the straps and got rid of a lot of the extra webbing. I'm really looking forward to diving this rig, however my first dive on it will be in the open water on a charter, as I can not take it to the pool before heading off on my trip. I'm thinking I will be able to go without adding any weight, especially since the STA added some weight also. I plan on leaving my camera on the boat for the first dive, that way I can make sure my bouyancy is figured out without the distractions. I must say that the inflator setup feels 10x better then the scubapro Air2 set up, hopefully I will feel the same way in a week. Is there a reason why most people put the waist buckle on the right side, rather then the left like I did? I'm guessing so that the buckle keeps attachements from falling off, since my buckle is on the left hand side strap.

It is also so that it is left hand release and out of the way so there is no way it can be confused with a weight belt when wearing one if you have to drop your weights.

Weighed the DRIS set up at 10.4lbs with a small knife attached. That is .6 lbs heavier then my KnightHawk. I have a feeling I may be overweighted just by the backplate, but hopefully not enough to be overboard. I was wearing 8-10lbs of lead with the previous setup, I dont know how much weight it takes to make a 28lb wing neautral with minimal air...

If you were wearing 8-10 lbs of lead before I think your weighting will be fine after the switch. Also remember that you gain buoyancy as you use up your air and you want to be able to hold a safety stop at the end of the dive. So most divers will be a bit heavy at the beginning. You have no ditchable weight but to me that is not a problem if you can swim the rig up with no air in your BC.

Six dives with the new setup, haven't had to add any weight. Works awesome, takes a bit of adjusting to get just right, I'm still not there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom