Some days it's all worth it - Hippocampus denise - Pygmy Sea Horse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marriard

Contributor
Reaction score
After lagging behind for so long in processing my images I have finally had some time to catch up on several trips I have taken this year...

I just opened up the second image of a long series of images I had taken of Hippocampus denise on the Liberty Wreck in Bali back in mid-January, and *bang* - in focus, composed, and looking good... World's smallest known Pygmy Seahorse in all its glory.

YellowPygmySeaHorse.jpg

F16, 1/100, ISO 100, Nikon D2X, Nikon 105mm lens with 2 +2 diopters on, dual Inon 220's, Subal housing

Thousands of miles by air, car and other, I purchased a second +2 diopter in Singapore on the way, put the diopters on SPECIFICALLY for the chance to photo this, 20+ minutes of searching @ 90-100' on 3 different sea fans, swimming in the same spot basically upside down....

Off to see if there may be a better image - I took 4 or 5 series over a few dives.... Even if there are, it wont make this image any less special to me.

Enjoy,
M

oh wow!

awesome pic

Fantastic shot. Patience pays off!

Stunning shot!

Very nice!! I love those so much, but unfortunately, I don't have a lense to focus on anything that small. Everytime we would find one in Komodo, I was so frustrated because the DM's were so good at finding them and all I could do was smile and mumble thanks into my regulator!!

Thanks for sharing!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom