Some fresh footage from Cozumel - eagle ray season!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suddha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from a week in Cozumel. We did 12 dives over five days, including a midnight New Year's Eve dive to ring in 2011 in style.
grin.gif

It's eagle ray season and we had some spectacular encounters. I brought along my high-def videocam and got some good footage.
Diving Eagle Ray Alley, Cozumel on Vimeo

Here's a video of our dive on the C-53 wreck as well.
Diving the wreck FELIPE XICOTANCATL C-53, Cozumel on Vimeo

Enjoy! I can't say enough good things about Scuba Mau, with whom we dove for the third trip in a row. Great small shop with good, safe divemasters and captains.

Eagle Rays are beautiful creatures, eh? You can keep the wreck though. (Although I'm a big Dead Can Dance fan.)

What sort of set up are you using? Your video is great!

Last edited:
Cool looking creature,do they have barbs like a stingray? Nice video.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing Jason!!!

Great vids Jason! I love diving the wreck, it's just a fun playground. I love the squadron shot! Feb 14 is too far away for me now.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully it will hold me till January 21. Don't run off the rays.

We enjoy the wreck on occasion. Usually hang around the wreck a bit and then onto some reef or sometimes the entire time on the wreck.

Eagle Rays are beautiful creatures, eh? You can keep the wreck though. (Although I'm a big Dead Can Dance fan.)

What sort of set up are you using? Your video is great!

Thanks! I'm using a Canon HF21 inside an Equinox HD6.

And yeah, the wreck is not something I'd dive over and over. But once a trip, especially with a C-53 virgin is fun. Good for video too.

Hi Sudha!
Small world...we were the other big group diving the wreck when you were there. I had my 21 yo daughter and her boyfriend, my 18 yo son and his girlfriend, my 14 yo and his best friend and me. We kicked up all the silt we could for ya :wink: I was the guy with the camera..there is a very brief clip of me on your video at 2:18. I checked my video clip and I didn't get you on it.

That was my second time on the wreck and I really loved it.
(I am sorry about kicking up all that silt though)

I posted this short clip of my crew going the other way...
ScubaBoard Gallery - C-53 Philipe Xicotentatl Wreck Dive

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom