Some fresh footage from Cozumel - eagle ray season!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Terry,

Many Thanks for the photographs, Love the lion fish shot , did you have a strobe?
Here is one of my videos I recently shot.
Diving Video in the Maldives shot with the Canon G12 : Jason Chambers Photography

I used a Sealife DC-1000 with dual strobes, but really wasn't set up to take the snapshot of the lionfish...the current was a bit mean that morning.

I don't want to do a thread hijack, but do have questions after seeing your amazing video you shot with your G12. I have a Rebel T2i, but am a bit confused about which UW case I should get...and which strobes. Do I get photo strobes or "video" lights? Also...how do you keep your images this stable with that camera? I have only done surface video with mine and I shake all over the place.

The eagle rays were thick today. I lost track of how many we saw but in some of my shots you can see a half dozen easily. I'm told there were upwards of 20 and I believe it. They just kept coming and coming. I shot some video (not as good as suddha's) and stills. A fun day. The only thing that could have made it better is if everyone on the boat had been breathing nitrox. :D

I am JEALOUS!

Awesome, Thanks for sharing. We saw two very large Rays over the holidays, but this is awesome.

VERY Cool video. They are my absolute favorite! Great song to go with the footage.
About 2:50 or so into the video (while you are filming the squadron) there's something white on the left that flies into the video and swirls around and then flies back out. I maximized the screen but still couldn't tell what it was. Didn't move like an Oceanic Triggerfish, but then again, maybe it was. Any guesses?

Hey Jen,
Enjoyed looking at your photographs of Cozumel as we are heading to playacar on the 26th of January(very soon) We where hoping to dive with the Bull sharks but have heard on this forum that a local fisherman has recently caught them all! Would love to see some colourful reefs and any sharks would be a bonus. Here is a link to my Photography Showcase you will see my most recent dive trip on the showcase menu along with my travel images.
: Jason Chambers Photography
Would appreciate any tips on dive sites.
Jase

What a great video of the eagle rays! I am keeping my fingers crossed we will see them when we go in early March. Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom