Some Questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B:
A Halcyon Pioneer wing will not, repeat, will not work on a Dive Rite plate without a STA. Even thou both have cam band slot, they are not the same distance apart. Been there, done that, had to get a STA (and now BabyDuck owns it all - well, she doesn't own my plate, that's why she said it will work....BUT IT WON'T!!).

Hope you read this before you buy....

Thanks...

Will it work if I add to the package a STA from Dive Rite ???

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Have you looked at Northeast Scuba Supply? northeastscubasupply.com. They are running a holiday special (look under Monthly specials, mid way down the page) at a great price. The package comes complete with everything, BP, wing, harness, crotch strap plus a few free gifts. I got may package from there and I love it.

Yep, it'll work with a dive rite or any STA as they all have an 11" bolt spacing.

Glad you saw my post before you ordered.

Hope you enjoy your rig!

but it will work WITH a sta (which, as i said, i have to have because i have an older plate without those slots), so do what you feel like, erik. :fruit:

i love dive buddies who upgrade & sell their old stuff to me!!

Marci, I was just clearing up for him as I saw this reply right under your response.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=1403086&postcount=5

I remember how bummed I was when my wing and plate came in and it wouldn't work without a STA. Had to wait another whole week before I could dive it. :(

How about all this southern hospitality going on in this thread...aren't we the good ambassadors! :wink:

oh, and i think you're a good egg for making sure, since i didn't know that since i don't have those slots, anyway. i know you just want him to be happy with his gear.

Bob_B:
Have you looked at Northeast Scuba Supply? northeastscubasupply.com. They are running a holiday special (look under Monthly specials, mid way down the page) at a great price. The package comes complete with everything, BP, wing, harness, crotch strap plus a few free gifts. I got may package from there and I love it.

Thanks for your suggestion but maybe you did not notice that I live in Italy... :)

In order to find a good price I will order the wings in Germany and the rest from a LDS in my city...

Apart from the wing I must admit there is some big difference in prices betweek Dive Rite and another semi-unknown supplier in Italy, see....

Dive Rite
70 Euro STA
130 Euro BP
55 Euro DE LUX HARNESS
35 Euro 2 TANK STRAPS
5 Euro CROTCH STRAP
===
300 Euro

Other Supplier
30 Euro STA
90 Euro BP + STANDARD HARNESS
32 Euro 2 TANK STRAPS
20 Euro SHIPMENT
===
170 Euro

The differenze between Dive Rite and the other supplier is about 130 Euro...
I do not know if it better to pay a little bit more and buy Dive Rite or not...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Just a thought here.

I bought a complete Pioneer system. I like it very much. If I had it to do all over again, I would have gotten the STA anyway. You don't NEED it, but it would have made my life easier in many instances, it puts the cam bands further apart which appears to be more stable, and you completely remove any issues of "compatibility" between manufacturers.

As cheap as STA's are, I'd do it in a heartbeat. In fact, I'd get the 5# or 7# one so I could take my weightbelt off.

Jason B:
Marci, I was just clearing up for him as I saw this reply right under your response.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=1403086&postcount=5

I remember how bummed I was when my wing and plate came in and it wouldn't work without a STA. Had to wait another whole week before I could dive it. :(

How about all this southern hospitality going on in this thread...aren't we the good ambassadors! :wink:

You saved me, thanks...

If you ever come to Italy there's a free dive from the boat for you...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Back
Top Bottom