Some things are just worth the money

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's sure as heck nothing more than an expensive flashlight.

But, dang, when the "big flashlight in the sky" is so far away and so dark, having the next best thing in your hand is like... well, night and day. :D

I agree. My fiance kinda flipped when I told her what I paid:huh: for my tl50 extreme. Granted it's not a 21W Hid but it's close depending on what bulb I put in:14: . And yeah even in the lake where we dive the browns are browner and the grays grayer:D :D. But seriously when I can light up the entire platform as opposed to just a quarter of it and see the looks on the faces of my dive buddies who are not using porta-suns it's worth every penny. And my bulbs are only 7-15 bucks:D .

$1300 is a lot for a flashlight. However it's a fair price for a dive light.

I still haven't confessed how much my 21w cost. I told her it was "expensive", which in her mind is probably 2, maybe 3 hundred bucks. Some things are better left vauge.

Whatever you do, don't divulge that it cost more than "the ring"!

You all are killing me... I have been shopping ebay for a used halogen light...or maybe a 10 watt HID. Then I read THIS and start to wonder if I should sell that other kidney to buy a light I won't outgrow.

Such tough decisions. I can afford it...sorta...kinda...I don't mind living on mac and cheese...I can cancel my health insurance...stop contributing to my 401k...let my elderly mother live in the street...

Really, you are all a bad influence :)

Peter Guy:
And not only is it $1300, but it is TOO bright for a night dive in the tropics!
That's not what the Mantas (and the other divers on the boat with me) thought. :D
LINK to PHOTO!

JohnL:
Such tough decisions. I can afford it...sorta...kinda...I don't mind living on mac and cheese...I can cancel my health insurance...stop contributing to my 401k...let my elderly mother live in the street...

So what are you waiting for? I'm blowing my kids' college education.

okay, that was a joke. :) kinda.

JohnL:

hahahahaha...dude, just do it. Or you could get an antique like mine!:D

wow, Rick, nice shot....very "otherworldy".

See Lynne, your thread here was underappreciated until Peter spilled it about the price. pricey...I had no idea.

well, it costs more than a decent strobe! (which is much more rational)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom