Something not sound right about this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The original poster, TheAlmightyHubbard, mentioned nitrox. The quote from the original message indicates that the diver in question does NOT use nitrox. I was pointing out that it adds some credibility that the diver knows NOT to use nitrox at those depths.

I wasn't responding to your post, I was referring to the original, in which, as you mention, only the OP refers to Nitrox.

I would try not to believe this, but I would try even harder not to buddy with this guy :)

I have seen this on a few boards, there are people that post as experts on forums that have very little experience but lots of time to read forums. they use the information they read to post back to the "Noobs" on the forum.

I am very suspicious when I see a diver listed as having more than 200 dives saying MOTO ("Master of the obvious") things or posts that are not situationaly specific and do not add value to a thread. Over time you can spot them however people new to the board may not know that the poster is posing. :coffee:

I know him, his name is Gomez. He will cut your hoses or your neck, same to him. He hangs out past the deep ledge, he is a bad man.

N

I am very suspicious when I see a diver listed as having more than 200 dives saying MOTO ("Master of the obvious") things or posts that are not situationaly specific and do not add value to a thread. Over time you can spot them however people new to the board may not know that the poster is posing. :coffee:

That reminds me soooooo much of someone on another subforum! He posted some hogwash about how to check your weighting during your safety stop ... on a thread about helping students learn how to control their buoyancy. :lotsalove:

The only link that I could maybe see between what he wrote and the actual topic was that being correctly weighted makes learning buoyancy control easier. But he wrote completely out of context, didn't address any of the issues the OP brought up and his post was totally out of place. e.g. the OP was asking about practicing buoyancy with students in a pool and this very 'Intelligent" fellow was posting about safety stops out in the sea!

Then, when I ask him whether he had actually read the thread, he insults me. :shocked2:

:shakehead:

P.S. I've seen your avvie before SailNaked. You use it on any other forums?

P.S. I've seen your avvie before SailNaked. You use it on any other forums?
:wink: yes and I stole it from someone else, I liked it I use sailnaked for almost all forums all subjects, most likely me. im a nerd /diver /sailor. thus the :dork2:

... Knowing ... that breathing O2 at 30' will help off gassing shows he knows something.
No... it doesn't.
Lest there be any doubt, DO NOT BREATHE OXYGEN BELOW TWENTY FEET (SIX METERS) DEPTH.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom