Something not sound right about this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:wink: yes and I stole it from someone else, I liked it I use sailnaked for almost all forums all subjects, most likely me. im a nerd /diver /sailor. thus the :dork2:

:hijack:

A nerd you say? Hmmm ... :headscratch:

You wouldn't happen to be a WoT nerd? :wink:

"
I usually dive off of ft. lauderdale. We keep our boat right by port everglades. I just took open water everything else i learned from my dad and his friends. The deep diving is awesome. I love it. It makes diving more exciting. I really dont want to go shallower then 160. I like feeling that . . . "

Possible? Maybe. Recommended? No.

The scary part is that I ran the plan on vPlanner, and if everything goes perfectly, it might be barely possible to pull off the dive with a single 80 and a small deco bottle, however all the numbers are so close to the edge that pretty much anything out of the ordinary would turn it into the OP's last dive.

Terry

It could be true. I read a book written by someone who talks just like this.

Hats off to you and your patience. A whole book written in that monkey speak? I barely made it through the post! Sounds like Beavis and Butthead to me....

Ran into someone like this at Bue Water in Alabama last time I dove there. Said he was delibrately going to the max (I believe it is about 130 feet there) with no buddy to see what it was like. He also said he ran out of air at 100 feet and made it up ok...

Like has been said, Darwin will sort them out, just hope they don't take a buddy with them or cost a rescuer their life.

Mike

Here is some food for thought on this. Just before a night dive week before last a few of us were discussing the untimely passing of Packetsniffer. A friend had some words to say that kinda fits. Its those who are good divers and follow the rules that seem to have accidents. Some fool can go out there and break them all and be just fine. Maybe the guy on myspace did it. Just proves he is lucky.

Here is some food for thought on this. Just before a night dive week before last a few of us were discussing the untimely passing of Packetsniffer. A friend had some words to say that kinda fits. Its those who are good divers and follow the rules that seem to have accidents. Some fool can go out there and break them all and be just fine. Maybe the guy on myspace did it. Just proves he is lucky.

I believe what y'all were trying to say is God protects fools and drunks.

I suspect it's just when something bad happens to a careful diver, it's attention getting. When something bad happens to a careless show-boat, that's not news. Would anyone have been surprised at seeing this guy's quotes in the 'incidents and accidents' section?

The guy's a liar, or a moron, or both. Not worth stressing over every one of _those_ on the net!

Unless you're in a habitat :D
Let's not confuse the issue. We have one fellow saying he switches to oxygen at 30 and another saying that shows he knows something about what's going on. Neither are true. Lest there be any confusion at all, do NOT attempt in water oxygen deco below 20'.
Rick

Let's not confuse the issue. We have one fellow saying he switches to oxygen at 30 and another saying that shows he knows something about what's going on. Neither are true. Lest there be any confusion at all, do NOT attempt in water oxygen deco below 20'.
Rick
Actually the story is pretty consistent. MOST of the time you can make it down to 200' and back on a single AL80. MOST of the time you can do a few minutes of O2 at 30'/1.9ppO2 and not tox out.

The story might very well be true. If it is true, then he's an idiot, but although the dive as he describes it is well beyond my risk tolerance, the odds are still in favor of him coming out ok. In some studies (by Kenneth Donald??), it took 75 minutes at 3ata ppO2 before 10% of the subjects had CNS toxicity symptoms.

My bet is that it's a bunch of exaggeration, unless the poster is in his 20's. Many 20 year olds are immortal, or least so they believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom